Imlach's Sweaty Hippie Funk Collection, adventure bikes, rusty rats, cruisers and other alt bastardisations of bicyclery

Well thanks, now I want one....already looking for frames. But the Stooge dirt tracker looks also
damn nice...

View attachment 810073
I've been planning a 70s era "woods bike" for a while, Canadian style. I didn't know about the trackers, if I had seen them it would have shortened my thought process. They look almost exactly like what I had planned. 3 speed hub, caliper brakes, motorcross bars... I have most of the pieces, just need to get the frame and fork now, and make Ingola build it for me

They called them klunkers. It's where that term originated. They also used the term bombers. The non MTB term for the fat tire style of bike they modified were called ballooners
I suppose there were lots of terms for generally people doing the same or similar thing with what they could find, was the term ballooners around before the klunkers, also was bombers and trackers just uk terms back then

I still can’t get balls out of my head when I see/hear/say klunkers now thanks @Imlach ahaha

I suppose there were lots of terms for generally people doing the same or similar thing with what they could find, was the term ballooners around before the klunkers, also was bombers and trackers just uk terms back then

I still can’t get balls out of my head when I see/hear/say klunkers now thanks @Imlach ahaha
I had a fella drop off a bike here not long ago, and I showed him my worksman and I felt so reluctant to say 'klunker' just because we both were Danes and would instantly think of a sweaty sack

Back