Imlach's Sweaty Hippie Funk Collection, adventure bikes, rusty rats, cruisers and other alt bastardisations of bicyclery

Not sure about the frame design but I imagine that was just to give it more of a MC look, kind of rough and tumble? Modern speedway bikes seem to be far more road adjacent

I imagine it's all just an offshoot of speedway riding. Was quite popular after the war. I know it was popular here too, probably originated in Britain?
I know @Nabeaquam (welcome back, old Dawg, get well soon) was working on a bike inspired by the post war crater racing done in Europe. He had information about it in the Netherlands and England. There's interesting stuff in the Stooge article and the thread here about young guys putting together their own rides and getting out in the woods. Some good history that gets overshadowed by the shameless self promotion of the Marin county crew

Happy new journey round the sun retrobikers hope everyone had a good Xmas ect this is my first post on Rb for 2024 and it obviously had to be one for this thread, so if it hasn’t popped up yet here’s a proper mullet
Dude, when I couldn't sleep last night, I started wondering when the last time the FlyingCircus had been around. Probably eerily close to when you posted... I'm all weirded out!

Latest posts

Back