Imlach's Sweaty Hippie Funk Collection, adventure bikes, rusty rats, cruisers and other alt bastardisations of bicyclery

Did you grow up in a Franco ontarian part or is learning French there just part of the curriculum
Both. I'm less than 30km from the Quebec border. Approximately 50% of the population of my town is bilingual. Basic french is a requirement in every primary grade, with several courses required in high school as well. There are also government funded french schools, as well as immersion programs at the primarily english schools.
Believe it or not, there is only one officially bilingual province in Canada, and it's not Quebec, their official language is french. All others are english, except New Brunswick

Both. I'm less than 30km from the Quebec border. Approximately 50% of the population of my town is bilingual. Basic french is a requirement in every primary grade, with several courses required in high school as well. There are also government funded french schools, as well as immersion programs at the primarily English schools.
Believe it or not, there is only one officially bilingual province in Canada, and it's not Quebec, their official language is french. All others are English, except New Brunswick
Ah okay, didn't know that. My buddy in New Brunswick is Quebecois but his dad moved east and he moved there some years later. His girlfriend is Acadian I think, but she mostly has had to speak English due to work, and friend groups, so much so that she was rejected at a university for not good enough French, though it is the language she grew up with. Thought that was a bit mean.

• Wow
Reactions: Woz
Ah okay, didn't know that. My buddy in New Brunswick is Quebecois but his dad moved east and he moved there some years later. His girlfriend is Acadian I think, but she mostly has had to speak English due to work, and friend groups, so much so that she was rejected at a university for not good enough French, though it is the language she grew up with. Thought that was a bit mean.
Is her name French? When I was a graphic designer, my resume stated that I was fully bilingual, had worked on jobs for the Canadian government, had french and english pieces in my portfolio. I was rejected for "not being French enough".

Is her name French? When I was a graphic designer, my resume stated that I was fully bilingual, had worked on jobs for the Canadian government, had french and english pieces in my portfolio. I was rejected for "not being French enough".
I don't actually know her surname. But that could very well be it, how ridiculous.

Reactions: Woz
Back