Imlach's Sweaty Hippie Funk Collection, adventure bikes, rusty rats, cruisers and other alt bastardisations of bicyclery

Fcuk @Guinessisgoodforyou - go steady dude*. Can't take all that in in one go. ;)

* dude / fella / bod / mate / good buddy / old chap / fella / old bean whatever is fashionable these days.

I like the first red one very much. Would be better and sleek without the "tank thingy whatever it is" and ½" off the tyre width.

Yours truly.

1690504659098.png

Here's what reallybigtim (recognize the garage door from #6?) is building now... 238600-build-off-finished-bike-1.jpg 238601-build-off-finished-bike-2.jpg
You mountain bike types may want to note the Stuart Warner floating hub up front, it's a torsion sprung suspension system in the hub itself, an Elgin option in the late 30s. Also interesting is the seat adjustment, no seatpost, so you just slide it back for more legroom.

Mr Sweaty

Last edited:
It's currently a 34 tooth front and 16 rear and it's too hard.
I've got a tiny 25 tooth BMX chainring and an 18 tooth rear. I'll try some mixing and matching tomorrow, but now I must eat and drink.

Here's what reallybigtim (recognize the garage door from #6?) is building now...View attachment 763976View attachment 763977
You mountain bike types may want to note the Stuart Warner floating hub up front, it's a torsion sprung suspension system in the hub itself, an Elgin option in the late 30s. Also interesting is the seat adjustment, no seatpost, so you just slide it back for more legroom.

Mr Sweaty

Have those grips been repurposed? 🫢

• Haha
Reactions: Woz
Back