If Phat bikes aren't ridiculous enough already

Retro Spud

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
what about one with Suspension for those fast decents on Snow or Sand .... and also

Bar ends for those gnarly technical climbs :shock:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/223285036567?v ... ver=1&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]&ff5=2015619496&ff8=74344856394&audid=aud-783718202354&device=c&ff7=www.retrobike.co.uk&siteid=3&ipn=admain2&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-155981-405975-6&mkcid=4&placement=520561&gclid=Cj0KCQjwoPL2BRDxARIsAEMm9y_qWGgNZ2yEg2OYWBF_Xjfl7_BDTR_kFQlQLyJ4dfPnzpJ96Kk9Aq8aAsrGEALw_wcB

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I’m a lover of most types of bike. Even if I wouldn’t own one I can see appeal . Even ebikes I think have their place but something about fat bikes makes me hate the person riding it (they usually have a smug face too) more than is rational.

Re: If Phat bikes aren't rediculas enough

Needs a 125cc engine but the frame wouldn't take it or last long if it did. Mind you if you wanted the most exercise for the fewest miles then this is it.

Re:

In fairness, at least it’s something a bit different, unlike “flat bar gravel bikes”... or hybrids as we’ve known them for years!

I've always thought of mtb's as little human powered motorbikey things, but there are limits, and I think this crosses several of them. For that money, you could buy something that you could actually go places on, other than the corner shop.

Could be likened to riding groomed smooth trails at trail centres, on full suss bikes. :LOL:

Anyway, just leave this here:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFLS344B3is[/youtube]

Having not ridden one, I'm guessing, but would these big low pressure tires not be excellent for smoothing out the small, constant vibrations of trail riding, better then suspension would. Just wondering as I'm not familiar with the latest suspension tech. Yeah, bog slow rolling with that much contact surface, but not everyone is concerned about speed. I must admit, I like the monster truck kinda look of these bikes and would think they'd be a nice smooth ride.
I also wonder, if they do eliminate the vibrations, if they'd be good for those of us that have chronic hand numbness while riding, or at least help.

Bert the Weldor":2ccv56n5 said:
Having not ridden one, I'm guessing, but would these big low pressure tires not be excellent for smoothing out the small, constant vibrations of trail riding, better then suspension would. Just wondering as I'm not familiar with the latest suspension tech. Yeah, bog slow rolling with that much contact surface, but not everyone is concerned about speed. I must admit, I like the monster truck kinda look of these bikes and would think they'd be a nice smooth ride.
I also wonder, if they do eliminate the vibrations, if they'd be good for those of us that have chronic hand numbness while riding, or at least help.

Yes, provided the tyre pressure is low. Instead you hear a growling noise and (as you say) it's like pedalling through porridge. To see the full horror have a look at the rolling resistance data at bicyclerollingresistance.com
https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.co ... ke-reviews
A road bike will have rolling resistance at around 15W per tyre...fat bike is up there at 40W. :shock:

Back