IDENTIFY MY RALEIGH?

I like that.
It is a Montage, from the bottom of the Raleigh "lightweight" range circa 1990.
Not worth much money (a really good one went on Ebay the other week for £35), but a nice machine to ride. People toured the world on less.
Do let us know how you get on.

Sure is a Montage, A Certainly a rare find and I cant belive I have just seen this thread as I passed one today on the Bristol to Bath Cycle path,

Was it you ???

Montage's are not rare, loads of them about, i like them but alas have only owned a Massif which is the same lugged frame geometry but in high tensile steel :D

Weight aside, geometry of these Raleighs was quite good, they handle well in rigid bike spec :D

I like Raleigh mtb's, first mtb I ever got a go on in 1985 via a mustang my mate got for christmas and again in 89 on what was either a maverick or magnum hire bike. Bestest fun on a bike up to that point in my life, better than my 3speed roadster, also Raleigh. :roll:

Cheers

Pointer":1jqqcwyk said:
Off topic slightly but that Polo is exactly the same as my first ever car - I have never seen another in that colour - :p

My mate owns that very Polo now. He might even be selling it... :D [/OT] :?

That's a Montage colour, but they are not Montage graphics. Not the same as the one I had anyway. Mine were just yellow & black decals. May have been a later model.
I had mine from approx 87.

Nice tubes though! oh!

Back