I went to the tip on Saturday...

Goldie

Senior Retro Guru
...and came back with this. It's a British Eagle Inferno, made out of 501 and daringly themed in the colours of the Jamaican flag. But can anyone tell me anything about it and whether it will kill me if I try goimg down a big hill on it? I'm kind of guessing at a 1990 - 94 build date, just because it looks a bit like a Global Hypercolour t-shirt - did Falcon own the British Eagle brand then?

DSC02750.jpg

DSC02751.jpg

DSC02749.jpg

DSC02752.jpg

DSC02754.jpg

well 200GS bits are nothing special but as a ride to work or easy trails bike nothing wrong with it.
looks quite tidy for a tip bike,good find.

MCsanandreas":glzewgcf said:
well 200GS bits are nothing special but as a ride to work or easy trails bike nothing wrong with it.
looks quite tidy for a tip bike,good find.

What he said. Nice hand brazed lugged steel frame. It's a basic tubeset so isn't going to be light but it will be strong as anything. The groupset is basic too and whilst the bike isn't going to kill you if you go hurtling down a steep hill, it may do at the bottom when you try to stop. The plastic GS200 brakes aren't the best in the world.

Plastic brakes?!? :shock: *

*makes mental note to take out comprehensive life insurance cover tomorrow

If you ever get caught out having bought an aircraft carrier and forgotten to buy an anchor the 200GS cranks will make a more than suitable alternative, infact it may be over engineered even for that purpose.

Goldie":1o80uiob said:
and whether it will kill me if I try goimg down a big hill on it?]

It may not kill you on the way down but it will have a bloody good go on the way up :LOL:

As it has biopace I'd think it would be early 90's, by 94 it was gone if I recall, when shimano invented the round chainring...

Are you sure that didn't belong to the guy working at the tip.... you didn't take his ride home did you???

Back