I hope it won't break...

Still it will be interesting to read a ride report…🤓

I am sure it has its won special characteristics the moment you through some dirt on it.

Would be fun to know how it compares to some other of your bikes? What about that badass you have hanging in your wall? 🫣

sorry don’t mean to deflect you from the grove you got going with this build but that one looks a heck of a bike!

All this to say it’s coming along real nice so far! Keep it going!

What a mess...but tinkering is more important than tidying up.
View attachment 886441
View attachment 886433View attachment 886434View attachment 886435
View attachment 886437
The build went smoothly and according to plan until I wanted to fit the rear derailleur....
That's when I realised that the thread for the derailleur bolt was still missing.
View attachment 886436
Fascinating how blind I am. You tinker with a frame for 3 months and don't realise that a thread is missing...

Next I have to find a suitable thread cutter.
I hope I can continue next week.
M10x1, same as some spark plugs, any good motor factors should have a tap for it. 😁 fun enough,
Thank you. It has longer chainstays than I had planned but I couldn't find a better way to work around the wide tyres. I also miskayculated something in the seatstays (of course I did...).
The bottom bracket is lower than expected and therefore I swapped the rigid fork for a suspension fork.
View attachment 886486
Luckily I found one for cheap that hasn't been used and will do just fine for this project, it matches the colour sheme too.
I like these forks. So much so that i bought a pair. Theyve been faultless. You can extend them to 140mm soooo easily.

I like these forks. So much so that i bought a pair. Theyve been faultless. You can extend them to 140mm soooo easily.
That's nice to know, they have 100mm of travel atm. And it seems you can use a remote lock out.
I think I have an old RS one somewhere...

That's nice to know, they have 100mm of travel atm. And it seems you can use a remote lock out.
I think I have an old RS one somewhere...
From memory (haven't changed mine in 4 years) you undo the top nut on the right leg (disc side), release the foot nut, slip-up the push rod and move a pin from one hole to a other.

Lockout works too.

Screenshot_20240921_202931_Instagram.jpg

Back