I get a bit fed up when people join to sell something

marin man

Old School Grand Master
How about you :?:

They sign up and show some mediocre piece of tripe,we are all kind to them..........and then two days later they try to sell it on here....gets my goat :x I wonder what percentage of members ie;the 11,000,are actually active and did not join up just for the above purpose ;)

Thoughts below;

Ah, but one day that "mediocre piece of tripe" may be just the very thing that you're looking for.
Of course, you wouldn't buy it on principal ;)

I joined to sell stuff on here.

Members come, members go,and on the whole the ones that stay are of a good quality.

Relax, It's friday!!

al. ;)

Yeah forgot it is friday....relaxing now :LOL:

(I just think that even if it was something I wanted I would not want to buy it off somebody who has only just turned up thats all...nearly bought the klein frame on for sale though :oops: )

i never joined to sell i joined when looking for info on my old muddy fox and this place had it, but i agree some just see old bikes and think oh i can join flog mine and move on

al said:
Members come, members go,and on the whole the ones that stay are of a good quality.

quote]

+1 agree. It doesn't take long to see through them either.

11k members.. doubt even 1% are active.. and a big ol' chunk of that 11k are zero posters too..

What I find more irritating is that someone will join and only try to peddle their wares, not join the community...
This place is provided free and gratis for its' users, to use it simply as an alternative to ebay and the free-ads is a bit crap.. imo.

Back