How to avoid having your arse reshaped?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
After a couple of recent 30 mile training rides for an 80 mile charity ride in a few weeks, it has come to my attention that my arse is not going to enjoy the additional 50 miles if the pain I have after 30 is any indication. Does anyone have any thoughts or tips on how I can improve this situation? I'm using a flite SLR saddle and wearing padded shorts already so does my posterior just need to deal with it, or is there anything I can do?

Cheers

When i got back into Retrobiking i tried my beloved Kona Ti saddle that i swore by Bitd but soon realised that my arse was no longer the svelte shape it used to be :LOL:

It took a while but after a recommendation i tried a WTB SST and found that its wider rear & dropped nose were very comfortable. The two i have bought were both around a tenner too :cool:

Sudocrem_Antiseptic_Healing_Cream_400g_tub.jpg

Sudocrem. Before, during and after.

Cheers, I must admit I had a nice and comfy SST-2K so that could be the way to go. As for the sudocrem, really? Just been using some on my sons backside, didn't think it was really for adults too?

My cheeks have never taken to Selle Italia saddles or any other Italian ones come to that. You could try a Charge Spoon saddle, everyone raves about them, they look like a proper bike saddle should look like [Think of a whippets head without the ears], are cheap, everywhere seems to sell them and when I was last out on a rb ride I realized that the Spoon was so good that I forgot the saddle was there at all.
Fizik does saddles that are designed for different types of people and shaped to match your flexibility and pressure points http://www.fizik.it/spineconcept/ their fitment test is whether or not you can touch your toes.
It may be too late to order them but the Retrobike Endura lycra shorts are insanely well padded. It's like having a little cushion strapped to you where ever you go incase you feel like a sit down. It's firm stuff too that doesn't really squash down or lose it's shape, it's a bit like the seats in old Mercedes, so much so that when I ride in mine I have to drop the saddle a little bit otherwise I couldn't have reached the pedals!

I know they look less sporty but I'm totally sold on bigger wider saddles. I've recently borrowed my friends 50's Holdsworth racer with an old Brooks on it. The saddles rock hard (not maintained at all) but is still so much more comfortable than the modern saddles I'm used too.

P.S. I'm 29 and my arse is svelte-as-****

ive found tipping my saddles down a tad has helped no end, my nads arse and cock used to go num etc, now theyre much better. also wtb saddle are ace :D

Sudocreme is brilliant, true, but the best thing for a hardtail is a boingy seatpost...

...I have an SLR on a U.S.E post on my '97 Explosif (current photo' in link below) and it makes a world of difference :cool:

Back