How many of you own an RTS on here?

Not really thought about an RTS before but there are some lovely looking machines here - what's the typical weight for a complete RTS, are they really heavy?

Little Bob":7nl6s3ji said:
what's the typical weight for a complete RTS, are they really heavy?

My one is about 25 lbs in it present state, although its about to get some new lighter forks this weekend ;)

I think in their orignal state the RTS-2's were about 26 lbs and the RTS-1's were about 24 lbs

Dont know as I dont weight my bikes .

they ride nice though apart from the kickback .

I got my first in 1993 , a RTS 2 .

RTS

As I have yet to ride my RTS I have more pre emptive questions such as:

What are the most compatible front forks for an RTS - both in a VRC/vintage and in a practical trail sense?

The kick back often described - is that caused by the nature of the shock linkage or something else? Would a modern 'platform' shock cure this?

Mr K

Re: RTS

mrkawasaki":mkz2kobm said:
What are the most compatible front forks for an RTS - both in a VRC/vintage and in a practical trail sense?

1's came with Mag 21's, and 2's came with Quadra 21's

Correct for the forks . Mt RTS 2 came with quadra .

not sure about the kickback . The Sunn DH bike had a similar design , but had more travel .
a modern shock would improve it I think , as it would not spring back so quick . but it is hard to fit a different shock .

in later years they were equipped with lesser forks than the equivalent LTS. the 3 had a horrid RST in 1996.

Another two here. One's a 16" RTS 2 from 1994, the other's a larger and later RTS (1996/1997), which previously belonged to Drapoon and is still just a frame. Parts are shortly to be transplanted on to the larger frame to save my knees.

The pic shows the larger frame (pic courtesy of Drapoon - hope he doesn't mind me using it). If anyone can tell me more about what year this might date from I'd be grateful? It's the polished version of the frame, with the Team RTS/RTS 1 version of the rear shock, but it is just badged as a GT RTS (no number etc).

Attachments

• GT_RTS_Front_triangle.jpg
    GT_RTS_Front_triangle.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 892
no number = frame only model. frame only models were usually the 1 frame, which was generally a little nicer than the 2/3

If the gusset on the top tube / head tube junction changed design (and possition to under the down tube) the same year as the Zaskar, that can't be any later than '95-'96.

Back