how does one go about restoring a head badge?

tehtehteh

Dirt Disciple
getting my frame all resprayed up nicely, putting this badge back on like it is would look out of place, does anyone here have experience of restoring badges?

GCy6x83.jpg

Re:

Is it brass or alloy? Paint stripper and a bath in coke can clean it. Polish and a buffing wheel or Drummel. Then paint and fine brushes. Failing that some turn up on ebay or similar.

Simon

hope so, must admit I hope there would be some other way to brushing it, I don't have a steady enough hand!

or maybe I'll just leave it as a reminder of how the frame used to be

Re:

Brush/rub off the loose bits then spray with a rattle can of clear coat then fit it to your beautiful res prayed frame, kind of rat rod look, or find someone with ocd tendencies and tell them that's what you intend doing, they won't be able to resist painting it for you! :D

Re:

I've got a similar task on my recently acquired claud butler.....

Going to hand paint mine with enamel paints (like the ones used to paint model kits as a kid).

Also thats not a brass one, so be careful with anything that is too abrasive. The metal on these is thin and soft.

Re: Re:

sherlylock":spr534y3 said:
I've got a similar task on my recently acquired claud butler.....

Going to hand paint mine with enamel paints (like the ones used to paint model kits as a kid).
no fair, you've got higher edges on yours!

Back