Highlander bike??? Fillet brazed frame

Brooks are indeed a good choice, but not the style I'm looking for.
My go to saddle is Avocet O2 Air 40R Titanium. But for this build I want to stay in the late 80s options.

So, this bike is branded Highlander. Nobody mentioned the origins yet. What I find interesting is that I know that a bunch of Highlander branded bikes are flooding the Danish market, or at least were years ago. Dating back to about the 80s, they seemed to do imported far east asian framesets and then eventually went down the alu commuter route that all the rest of the Danish brands did. This is definitely not a Highlander like the ones I know from here. This is far fancier and very, very pretty. I'd be really interested to know where it's made and when.
Indeed. Finding the origin of the bike was the goal of this thread.

The bike has been assembled in France. But I don't know if the frame set is french.

Indeed. The origin was the goal of this thread.

The bike has been build up in France. But I don't know if the frame set is french.
I have had a few bikes pop up here, with interesting branding which seems to have literally zero connections to anything. A few of them French-ish, decked out with Huret kit and what not, the origins of other stuff unknown, but it seemed to be a trend for a while, for smaller sports companies to have a "brand bike", which was mostly some re-branded stuff anyway. But this frame doesn't come across as that, it's very well made by the looks of it. It doesn't have the crudeness I'm looking for.

I have had a few bikes pop up here, with interesting branding which seems to have literally zero connections to anything. A few of them French-ish, decked out with Huret kit and what not, the origins of other stuff unknown, but it seemed to be a trend for a while, for smaller sports companies to have a "brand bike", which was mostly some re-branded stuff anyway. But this frame doesn't come across as that, it's very well made by the looks of it. It doesn't have the crudeness I'm looking for.
I agree. The fillet brazed is very clean. Some tubes are oval. The cable path shows details that add complexity.
And maybe the style of the seat tube would ring the bell for someone as it's a non commom design.

Last edited:
Too bad, we cannot add a voting system to elect the right saddle.
FYI, as the thread owner you could add a poll, just at the top at the thread klick at "..." and then there are two options, one for changing the title and another one for creating a poll.
It works well, just it shows up at the top of the thread, not in-line to other posts.

FYI, as the thread owner you could add a poll, just at the top at the thread klick at "..." and then there are two options, one for changing the title and another one for creating a poll.
It works well, just it shows up at the top of the thread, not in-line to other posts.
Definitely, this forum is great!

Love this machine!

Saddle I think the Flite looks too skinny for this, I’d be thinking Avocet Racing or Avocet Touring for the right look/comfort. Kashimax GTV I’ve found comfortable but if I’m honest I’m reluctant to ride mine as it’s expensive and difficult to replace. Brooks on all my bikes I ride, don’t always look the most appropriate but imo do the job of riding the best.

That Highlander branding/decal is ringing a bell with me but can’t remember more than that. I’m going Italian or at least European! Kit is mid eighties?? Wishbone rear like that is more late eighties I thought.

Love this machine!

Saddle I think the Flite looks too skinny for this, I’d be thinking Avocet Racing or Avocet Touring for the right look/comfort. Kashimax GTV I’ve found comfortable but if I’m honest I’m reluctant to ride mine as it’s expensive and difficult to replace. Brooks on all my bikes I ride, don’t always look the most appropriate but imo do the job of riding the best.

That Highlander branding/decal is ringing a bell with me but can’t remember more than that. I’m going Italian or at least European! Kit is mid eighties?? Wishbone rear like that is more late eighties I thought.
The Flite is indeed to skinny. It was just to not see the bike with its replacement saddle looking like a beat-up mini sofa.
Avocet racing are great but I do not have that for now.

This wishbone has an interesting design in order to merge the 3 tubes:

Attachments

• IMG_20230804_100227.jpg
    IMG_20230804_100227.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20230804_100240.jpg
    IMG_20230804_100240.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20230804_100425.jpg
    IMG_20230804_100425.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 25
Back