Help with a Retro Museum.

mc":25szs6jz said:
but the mid-school retro stuff(ie 80's and 90's) is not well preserved at all, that we would put a museum collection together.

Interesting viewpoint, I'd say that a lot of this stuff is relatively well preserved and isn't too hard to obtain if you are prepared to pay market value for it. Some of the items on the list are also very common.

Excluding major manufacturers is also a big mistake in my opinion, as they too often made some rare parts, as well as components which changed the face of riding as it was previously known.

Original Rock Shox, an original Bomber Z1, Shimano Airlines system etc etc should all be part of a museum.

Do you have 503C tax deductible non profit status on this museum so the stateside guys can deduct it come year end as a contribution/donation/charitable gift? You'd likely score big if you did.
Shouldn't this museum just be an alphabetic e-museum with a pic and detail of each item. Web global e-museum with everything in one place? Do you have a building where these parts will be on display for the public to see?

Well, I just can´t understand why a private rider / collector / enthusiast should support a project which looks like it is pure commercial. You tell that prices will be very high in 10 years. So why should anybody sell them now? And why should anybody sell something to you? Who may have the larger profit (and companies are all about profit)?

Face it: Some of your wanted parts are on my and others list, too. For example a Sweet Wings Titanium would be highly appreciated. You may have good contacts to the industry, but there are some guys having much more stuff able to fill something like a museum than you have.

Back