Help to identify MTB frame

GrahamNR17":2fw9p9hw said:
I'm not sure I know what to do with a bike like this :oops: I've never had anything at this level. Oh well, looks like I'm gonna have to ride it then :?
I think I've got a very similar frame (cable stops all look the same) and it's 531 with 501 forks. It's been gathering a bit of surface rust in the garage, but I think at some point I'll have to have it stripped and powder coated.

GrahamNR17":20idk7lx said:
I'm not sure I know what to do with a bike like this :oops: I've never had anything at this level. Oh well, looks like I'm gonna have to ride it then :?

the blue one is earlier but yours warrants a decent retro groupset or you could always flog it to me.... ;) :LOL:

legrandefromage":pv9in54r said:
GrahamNR17":pv9in54r said:

the blue one is earlier but yours warrants a decent retro groupset or you could always flog it to me.... ;) :LOL:
I wouldn't even know where to begin with regards to selling :? Considering it was bought as an "emergency" bike for the foul weather with a view to stripping it for parts later, it's value in my head was pretty much zero. Maybe it will turn out to be one of those happy accidents :idea:

legrandefromage":1nlumxja said:
Road frame - yes of course ... :roll:

Its obviously not a road frame

Good job I put the word 'almost' in there then.

I can see why you're nudging 6000 posts and I'm only just over 100! :roll:

Well done that man ;)

GT-Steve":25nppgm9 said:
legrandefromage":25nppgm9 said:
Road frame - yes of course ... :roll:

Its obviously not a road frame

Good job I put the word 'almost' in there then.

I can see why you're nudging 6000 posts and I'm only just over 100! :roll:

Well done that man ;)

I only waffle at best.

bazil":232j63nk said:
I personally do not think that it is a Conquest. Look carefully and there are too many differences

The sticker probably gives a good clue, looks like an Argos cycles custom frame http://www.argoscycles.com/www/frames.htm

er... what differences?

Lugs - check

downtube cable guides - check

rear canti stop - check

rear drop-outs - check

Fork - check

You're not comparing to the blue one are you? Thats slightly earlier.

The Argos sticker was where it was repainted. ''...There's no identifying marks at all, other than a sticker from the Company that re-stove enamelled it...''

Its just subtle differences. I am certainly no expert and I am just comparing the picture posted to the saracen ones found.

Difference (it might be a case of varying from model to model?)

No groove on chainstay

I am sure there was a few more.....

Back