Help please - Steel GT serial numbers

Hi,

A couple more steel ones :

Karakoram Purple Haze 90 T9002 A025 1493
Bravado 97 Silver S8GY18473

Are you interested in numbers from Alu or Ti frames?

Cheers,

Phill

Hi,

A couple more steel ones :

Karakoram Purple Haze 90 T9002 A025 1493
Bravado 97 Silver S8GY18473

Are you interested in numbers from Alu or Ti frames?

Cheers,

Phill
Thank you! Is the Bravado definitely 1997? I'm not knowledgeable about the later years, but the serial suggests it was made in 1998.

I think there might be a separate thread somewhere for titanium frames. There's a reasonable amount of information already available for Zaskar serials, but I'd be happy to compile a list and look for any information that can be ascertained if it's of interest to people. From what I've seen, the serial numbers for aluminium and steel got more similar later.

Thank you! Is the Bravado definitely 1997? I'm not knowledgeable about the later years, but the serial suggests it was made in 1998.

I think there might be a separate thread somewhere for titanium frames. There's a reasonable amount of information already available for Zaskar serials, but I'd be happy to compile a list and look for any information that can be ascertained if it's of interest to people. From what I've seen, the serial numbers for aluminium and steel got more similar later.
It could be 1998 actually, I literally have just the frame which someone gave me and it's at the end of a long list of projects :LOL:

Is that the 8 in S8Y?

I have a GT Strike road bike which I am unsure of too which is s8LK00601 - if so, that would suggest it is a 98 too!

Back