Help on identifying Orange 5 bike

Had a look, Not a 66rc anyways... 66rc has a bolt through axle and comp and rebound on the top.. My one has rebound on the bottom right leg.. Theres a distinct set of holes on the crown right underneath the comp knob and the air fill knob on the opposite leg which is also not present on the 66rc..
other option was a marathon SL which has the lower leg adjuster and the QR, but they were only 100/120mm. also think they had a higher arch.

Should be 190 for this bike. I had one of these shocks that used to blow by no matter what and while it’s simple enough to take it apart quick and let the air out it gets tedious so I binned it.

yeah the issue im having is its leaking air from behind the rebound knob, apparently it is now common enough as age showed the flaws, fox oil was too agressive and actually eats away the rebound metering O ring on the very top of the rod where the oil passes through.. theres a video I followed where one guy actually pulled out what he thought to be dried grease, turns out it was that mentioned O ring completely melted down to a liquid state..NOT an easy fix... Complete teardown to get at it.. Cant be accesed by actually taking off the propedal and rebound levers.. Has to be taken apart including letting the nitrogen out of the shock, which is the most annoying part.. Means I have to buy a nitrogen needle with a schrader and find or make up a new rubber bladder to refill it.. :mad:

other option was a marathon SL which has the lower leg adjuster and the QR, but they were only 100/120mm. also think they had a higher arch.
Total mystery.. How many forks did they make in 05 year.. Youd think one could find it pretty fast.. NOPE !!

Total mystery.. How many forks did they make in 05 year.. Youd think one could find it pretty fast.. NOPE !!
It's an odd one. they didn't have a massive line up of forks.

wonder if they are marathons with an extension kit or something. most everything else points to it

It's an odd one. they didn't have a massive line up of forks.

wonder if they are marathons with an extension kit or something. most everything else points to it
Real odd.. I checked the marathons but they all appear to have post mounts for v brakes which mine dont.. Also the caps are different.. Whether they were changed or not at some stage I dont know, but both were red, I swapped out the red air fill cap in the right leg to black.. But the other one as you can see is originally red and has a lever on it..

I just found this on ebay.. Its real tempting as the guy is looking for very small money, must be because its a specialized bikes fitting that nobody wants, he says for parts not working but seems to indicate that its small scratches on the piston.. Could that be possibly what hes talking about not working ? Anyways Im wondeing if I could literally swap out my lower piston for his and have a fix ?? I know his says boost valve which mine isnt.. But if my piston fitted then thats possibly avoiding a rebuild and id only have to put the air back in the nitrogen port in my leg... Same size shock as mine too, which makes me think it could work.. [EDIT } Not the same size, slightly bigger at 195..

Last edited:
I think I found them !!! All mountain 2,s from 2006... the 05 stamped on the leg must mean all models are the next year up when they are released or something..

Back