Help : How do I Adjust my Magura HS33 "Elbows"?

ScotchSteve

Retro Newbie
Trust someone can help.

Have recently bought a set of Magura rim brakes to fit on to my Kona, however I can't figure out how I'm supposed to adjust the "elbow" on the mounts?
By that I mean the bit that sticks out the back and braces against the frame/ fork.

Basically I can take the top bolt out, but the black elbow to the rear remains rigidly attached to the mount (on both front and back) and I cant seem to figure out how to adjust its angle, possibly its seized or is there a special trick I'm missing?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Loosen the top caphead bolt and twist the elbow up against the fork leg/ seatstay with a spanner on the elbow, then retighten the bolt.

It's held in by a knurled taper, so just needs a little persusion...

If you've got the older alu elbows it's a 13mm spanner on the flats IIRC, not sure with the rounder looking black nylon ones in your Magura link, same idea though.

http://www.magura.com/uploads/media/downloads/HS66_2000_WSD.pdf It's in german, but look at P6, section 11.

All the best,

Danson,

Thanks for the quick reply.
Spot on, 13mm does the job perfectly, once you said it it was pretty obvious as to how to adjust them, just I hadn't realised that I could get a spanner on to them.

It's actually an older set with the alu elbows I have and having exhausted the Magura site all I could come up with was that photo.

Thanks again.

Steve

Thanks !

Danson, thanks so much for your posting.

Having already spent an age installing my new (old) RC35s, having fitted the old magura mounts, that don't work with the quicksilver maguras, the elbows kept fowling.....

Your post saved me further hours of frustration - I've had these maguras for more than 12 years, and never knew I could put a spanner on those pesky elbows !

Cheers

Martin

Re: Thanks !

citrixccea":2fknnoq9 said:
... never knew I could put a spanner on those pesky elbows !

^ This!

Another big thanks Danson, been having to swap out my Maguras for V's every winter as I couldn't get the clearance with knobblies, until now :D

I'm such a noob :oops:

Like this. Thanks for the post - helped me out!

Attachments

• 596D0E3A-87B5-4660-8A92-B5AEEEFBE0DC.jpeg
    596D0E3A-87B5-4660-8A92-B5AEEEFBE0DC.jpeg
    445.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 724C7565-9AF2-482F-8676-B8523D80349B.jpeg
    724C7565-9AF2-482F-8676-B8523D80349B.jpeg
    423.6 KB · Views: 6
Back