Help! Bianchi MTB identification

captain8track

Retro Guru
Does anyone know anything about this bike? should be a 1997-8 Martini Racing with blue Sids and full XTR 950. It is called Bianchi Martini Racing Ti replica or something like that, is this really a titanium frame? does anyone know anything about them?

this is acctually the bike that took the Junior World Champions bronze medal of 98.

The bike is not mine, but I have been asked to find out some more...

Attachments

• Bianchi.jpg
    Bianchi.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 10,624
  • Bianchi_02.jpg
    Bianchi_02.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 10,628
re:

I know, it's really really nice and I want one of thoose...

this bike actually was one of thoose dreaded bianchis in sweden who always was in the top 5. We all hated them, Bianchi and the swedish brand Crescent is basically the same bikes, with different colours. The swedish version had a Sandvik frame and well bascially the same setup, cycleeurope owns them both, u can acctually buy a Bianchi road frame with crescent colours around 100euros cheaper...

It really looks like the ti replica megatube, tne Martini Racing 1997 or 98 team bike. They really painted titanium, for sponsorship reasons. One 0of the best bikes ever. You've got quite a good piece there, mate!

the frame looks like a marin but then I'm me, if I wasnt me, I'd be somebody else asking what the hell am I doing here and whose are those women's clothes and why do you have a loaf of bread tied to your head?

legrandefromage":2ebdc5ey said:
the frame looks like a marin but then I'm me, if I wasnt me, I'd be somebody else asking what the hell am I doing here and whose are those women's clothes and why do you have a loaf of bread tied to your head?

why do you have a loaf of bread tied to your head LGF? is it a kind of pied piper thing to lure the rats away from the skips and tips?? ;)

Looks even better with slightly corrected white balance and some of the noise filtered out.....

If that was sitting in my house I'd be more than happy :cool:

Attachments

• bianchi_392.jpg
    bianchi_392.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 10,494
captain8track":w9e05vnd said:
Does anyone know anything about this bike? should be a 1997-8 Martini Racing with blue Sids and full XTR 950. It is called Bianchi Martini Racing Ti replica or something like that, is this really a titanium frame? does anyone know anything about them?

this is acctually the bike that took the Junior World Champions bronze medal of 98.

The bike is not mine, but I have been asked to find out some more...

I can't tell you very much about the bike but i have exactly that frame. My dad bought it for me some years ago form Germany. Mine was equipped with full Shimano Acera parts. Its a carbon-steel bike frame ( not so lite ) and it feels great to ride one. I want to recondition it and auction it or keep it 4 myself after i do the job.

I want to find out more about it too but the bianchi site doesn't tell you nothing about the older models.

It reminds me of the megatube ti Bianchi road bikes, some of which were made by Litespeed. I think the others were made in Russia.

I also remember bidding on a ti Bianchi mtb a few years ago that had a round down tube and a checkered flag motif. Have not come across another one since, but I'd love to get my hands on one.

Latest posts

Back