Help! Bianchi MTB identification

I guess Bianchi is one of the very very few brands who could paint a titanium frame.. but at the moment I can't remember any other bike brand with a color as their trademark.

Nice bike!

Bianchi Martini

I just stumbled on this and I know it has been posted a long time ago but maybe you still have questions about it.

It is a 97 or very early 98 frame. The 98 frame has Ritchey rear drop outs and the Ritchey symbal is stamped on the drop outs. I have had both and still have my 98. I do know that the 98 is made out of dedicchi metal, not sure if I spelled the correctly but that is what the sticker used to say before it wore off. It is a very light metal and still strong, the main concern is this type of metal can rust really easy so I would use frame saver if you have not done that yet. These frames were made only for a few years with the mega tube and they used Titanium, dedicchi and maybe even another metal but not sure as both on mine the 97 and 98 were dedicchi. My friend Gene Oberpiler raced for Bianchi for many years as a pro and had lots of these frames that he raced on. They can also break pretty easy if you use it for jumping or just trash on it.
If you have any questions about any of it just ask and I can get any information you want as I know one of the Bianchi reps and work with Gene who raced the Martini's for Bianchi. Also the 98 has X34 ST painted on the seat stays if that helps. If you want I could send you a picture so you can see the difference in the 2 years? If you do some searching Selle Italia made a Martini Racing Flite saddle with Ti rails to match the frame. I know because I have one and they look sweet on the bike.

I hope this helps?

John

Bianchi Martini

Not sure what frame size they are using for measuring the frame weight. Mine is a 17.5 and the frame is really light for being made in 98, also these frames were hand made, no machines.
I found this info for the tube set.
Bianchi Martini Racing
Material of Construction
Dedacchiai Steel Mix
Frame Weight
1714g
Measured Deflection
0.023"

John

RAM_page":19p0atnb said:
captain8track":19p0atnb said:
Does anyone know anything about this bike? should be a 1997-8 Martini Racing with blue Sids and full XTR 950. It is called Bianchi Martini Racing Ti replica or something like that, is this really a titanium frame? does anyone know anything about them?

this is acctually the bike that took the Junior World Champions bronze medal of 98.

The bike is not mine, but I have been asked to find out some more...

I can't tell you very much about the bike but i have exactly that frame. My dad bought it for me some years ago form Germany. Mine was equipped with full Shimano Acera parts. Its a carbon-steel bike frame ( not so lite ) and it feels great to ride one. I want to recondition it and auction it or keep it 4 myself after i do the job.

I want to find out more about it too but the bianchi site doesn't tell you nothing about the older models.

So not exactly the same frame then,as you have the low end budget jobby and the pictured one is much higher up the scale and I really doubt that it would be made of steel.

Bianchi Martini

I just want to clarify that the links and pictures I posted are not my bike, I posted those for reference for captain8track. I will post pics of my actual bike either tonight or tomorrow, I want to clean it up so you guys can see it better.

All of the Martini frames from those years were either Metal or Ti, I don't think they came out with a high end aluminum frame until 2000 or later.
Also all of the Martini frames that were produced were thier high race frames, so no matter what year Martini frame you had it was the highest quality race frame. Although some years were better then others. Like my 98 Martini frame has the nicer Ritchey rear drop outs, more pronounced S-bend rear triangle and I believe that my particular frame has a different type of metal for the rear triangle as I had it custom made with a little shorter rear end.

My point in all this is!! If you have a Bianchi Martini frame you have a really nice high end race frame. Just take care of it and use frame saver in the frame especially if you have the Dedacciai tube set as they have a tendancy to rust alot faster then other metals.

John

Bianchi Martini

Just a little more info on the Martini frames. If you have a TI frame the down tube will be much bigger then the steel version. A couple of years ago I was at Interbike in Las Vages and a group of us took are bikes with so we could do some riding and while out on the trails I saw a TI Martini frame that either the person had the paint removed or it came that way but it sure looked sweet. It had Celeste decals with the correct Martini badges. Totally bad @ss.

Just look at the dropouts: TI dropouts are very thick, differently from the steel ones. I confirm that Bianchi made cheap MArtini Racing frames. Post your bike's pics and I'll tell you for sure.

Martini

I verified that mine is the better one by racing it since 1998 until now, it probably has 75 races on it plus training rides and just plan out fun trashing on it. I do have to admit that I have taken really good care of this one compared to my first 97 model which is the same one as captain8tracks ride. I did have a few issues with the head tube not being machined correctly so the KrisKing headset did not seat right so I had to have it machined at a local bike builders shop, I also broke it at the bottom bracket from jumping it.
The 98 I have has the Ritchey rear drop outs and the X34 stamped on the seat stays and they whole triangle has the more pronounced S-bends. Does that help with your determining it's quality? For me I feel that the 98 frame is better quality but it is hard to say as I have taken better care of it then previous Martini's that I have owned.

Thanks John

Hi,

Not sure if this thread is still active, but can someone identify this?

I'm always sceptical about this type of "team replica! - either they're high end exact replica's or rock bottom bikes to help promote the bike name and sold relatively cheaply

Its advertised as an "FX40", but I can't seem to find any info on the net.

Only other info is that its got magura race line hydraulic brakes, and said to be overall in good condition.

Also, any ideas what it is worth? Its advertised at about €350 (?)

Interesting frame anyway! also the Martini sponsorship looks kinda cool!

Attachments

• bianchi.jpg
    bianchi.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,748
Back