Hello i am new to the forum.

Ukansodoff

Retro Newbie
Only posting this thread cuz i have a real thread about a real issue but cant post links until i have made a thread without.

However i will explain myself. I have an older bike i was to modernize and people on another forum told me this was the perfect place to look for help. I thought it was an old bike until i had a good look around this forum, there are some beautiful old bikes on here and much older than the one im looking to do up.

Saw a couple of really old Peugeot bikes that really brought back memories from the early 90,s for me. I had no idea people had so much love for such old frames.

My bike is a British Eagle Boss, all oversized tubes with those bright yellow 5 spoke wheels. If youve seen one you must know exactly what im describing. I get the impression its not a good bike but it has alot of personal value for me. It was bought new about 12 -13 years ago.

I only really came on to hear thoughts and recommendations on my bike but damn this is a real fascinating forum. Glad i got told about it.

Ive put a link to some pics of it on another thread on here, or is there somewhere else in the forum for pics and admiration, although i seem to be the only person i know who admires all that bright yellow.

Thanks Charlie, i were tryin but didnt know how to resize as my photo,s were way too big for this forum.

I know its a bit poo but i cant help it, i just think its a proper looker, maybe a bit too flash considering its not very good. Atleast my fence looks nice and newly painted.

Ukansodoff":3s3rdl5j said:
Thanks Charlie, i were tryin but didnt know how to resize as my photo,s were way too big for this forum.

I know its a bit poo but i cant help it, i just think its a proper looker, maybe a bit too flash considering its not very good. Atleast my fence looks nice and newly painted.

You know what? I Really Like It, It reminds me of My Mongoose Supergoose with bright yellow Skyway wheels i owned BITD.........I like the wheels, and have often toy'd with the idea of getting some for a Road/Training MTB, I do believe they dont like the rough stuff, however you may prove me wrong. so there you go, your not the only one on this forum who loves the yellowness of these five spokes :cool: ,

Jussa :)

You can see the grizley influence on the frame. As a tool to learn any bike works.

If you are rebuilding it for yourself then why not...if you are thinking of rebuilding it for a profit..by the time you have bought two tires and some bits you would have spent more than it's worth.

Good to see something different though and your user name...any reason for that ? :LOL:

There is beauty in ugly i reckon, ive been tellin myself that all my life.

My user name. Well i used to go on some chat rooms when i was a bit more immature than i am now and it was one that stuck, i use it for all sorts now. Most people dont bother to try read it and ask me if im from the Ukraine.

Back