Hello, first post

mrgoodcat

Dirt Disciple
Just found this site, I want to show someone my new bike who will appreciate it because I'm very excited about it (was up cleaning it last night until 0200 hrs) and all I've had so far is wtf it's just a bike.
Anyway I can't post pics yet without posting first so a quick intro, bought my first mtb in 1988 a Saracen Trekker, loved it, mountain biking was a revelation. Didn't buy another until 1998, a GT Arrowhead my first Aluminium bike. Then in 2004 upgraded to Carbon Fibre with a Trek 9.8.
Cannondales have always been my real passion though after first seeing one in the early 90's when they were financially out of my reach, I've since had a CAAD5 and a CAAD9 road bike.
The saying "they don't make them like they used to", is very true though in my opinion and after picking up a mint Cannondale M700 yesterday I can't believe the build quality, will post pics when I'm allowed to.
This is a great site by the way, I didn't realise old bikes had a following, thought it was just me.

welcome to the biggest drain on a mans wallet in the world...stick around and join in the madness ..

I had to give up smoking crack because retrobike took all my skag money.
Welcome to the site.

Thanks for the welcomes, I will resist all temptation to spend any further money. Thinking about my old Saracen though has brought back a flood of memories, I wonder if there ar still any knocking about? I'll just have a quick look on ebay, just a look mind........

mrgoodcat":11z8u4r2 said:
Thanks for the welcomes, I will resist all temptation to spend any further money. Thinking about my old Saracen though has brought back a flood of memories, I wonder if there ar still any knocking about? I'll just have a quick look on ebay, just a look mind........

hahaha , welcome to f*ck me this is expensive .co.uk

That's me two posts, I can get some pics up, picked this up yesterday a 1992 M700, totally original even the tyres.

43922602.jpg

809cf96f.jpg

e9f1b9f9.jpg

2511163c.jpg

1303f3d6.jpg

2171c32f.jpg

d0553bc6.jpg

2445378c.jpg

ae7e0b4f.jpg

da362d16.jpg

I bought it from a guy who used it a couple of times then stuck it in his cellar where it's been ever since, he stored photographic equipment in there too so he's had a dehumidifier running hence no rust.

Back