He ain’t heavy he’s my bike – win beer!!

After cleaning the mud off, my Dialled Prince Albert still weighs in at 32lbs followed closely by my mudguard & rack festooned Trek 950 at 30lbs, neither of which will be lardy enough to win this competition I fear :(

5152391308_c71fdac502_b.jpg

53 pounds....And that`s without the chainguard! :shock: :LOL:

johntomjoe":1yh3q4np said:
and why no activators? only 39.7 pounds unladen

you dont look like anti raleigh snobs ! :LOL:

not quite sure about Spence and his aversion to activators, he does get very animated at the mention of their name :roll: i'll poke him with a very sharp stick and request some clarification :) As for Raleighs i love em to bits (the old road type ones that is....)

LeeDevelopment":2k30r6cp said:
I have just fallen a little bit in love.....

Lol..Well, There`s certainly a LOT there to love! :D

It rides surprising well considering the weight. I don`t think I have a bike that attracts more attention then that one. If I lock it up somewhere, I often find people standing around looking at it when I return. Either with lots of questions, or stories about the one "just like it!" they had as a kid...

Can I enter the cargo bike I use for work? Unladen weight is around 45lbs, then add a couple more for the fibreglass box.

However, once laden up you're looking at an all up weight of about 260lbs minus rider, bearing in mind we have humped 100kg about on these ;)

Picture below is of the bike I mostly use following the pickup of a DH bike for another member on here (sans ratchet strap)..

Attachments

• IMG_0095.JPG
    IMG_0095.JPG
    215.9 KB · Views: 1,332
drystonepaul":2bfk95xu said:
Saracen-Hack-04.jpg

Last time I weighed this it came in at about 35 pounds including the guards, rack and stupidly heavy puncture resistant tyres. The rack bag was empty when weighed too.

It is of course a low end Saracen and think it's a from 1993-95.

With a bit of 200GS I'm sure I can throw together something much heavier though.

Did that include your first aid kit as well? :LOL: :LOL:

Latest posts

Back