Have Pace lost their identity since the loss of Square tubes

Have Pace lost their identity?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Old ones were great, new ones are great, but I still can't afford one.

Like a certain belgian beer, reassuringly expensive :roll:

Shall we leave our true feelings till we see what they "unveil" tomorrow

Rumour has it 3 or even four new frames tomorrow at Earls Court and if I have heard right not all FS frames either

Watch this space ;)

MJN":2gtn1v29 said:
I agree with Dr S, Mr Carter can regularly be seen out and about and sometimes he even stops off for a cafe stop with some motley retro types on a snowy Saturday afternoon :cool:

Shameless name dropper you :LOL:

I too am not a great fan of Pace, as i have owned 4 pairs of forks and all had 'issues'. You think i would learn!!

but this is a vote on square tubes. I think they have lost the thing that makes them unique. They are just another bike brand now, and i think thats a shame in these days of mass produced ordinaryness! :roll:

gil_m":3rpde7wn said:
Shall we leave our true feelings till we see what they "unveil" tomorrow

Rumour has it 3 or even four new frames tomorrow at Earls Court and if I have heard right not all FS frames either

Watch this space ;)

Oooo...waits with baited breath.

The RC303/5 says to me that Pace are still thinking "out of the box".

Sure - the FS designs aren't that different to other,similar FS frames out there. But the 303/5 hardtail is a different kind of bike to most other hardtails out there.

I've always liked Pace kit though - and used á lot of it over the years.

Losing the square tubes was a no-compromise solution to get them to where they wanted to be design/conceptwise, even at the risk of alienating hard-core Pace fans. But at the end of the day they are a business.

I'd buy a Pace again, if the need arose.

The FS designs don't look to different from a distance but take a closer look....floating shock,internal ribbing,shielded bearings etc.

Back