Have Pace lost their identity since the loss of Square tubes

Have Pace lost their identity?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would love a new pace, and would gladly go for a 405 if I had the cash. I'm a big fan of pace gear, new and old (mainly old) But for me the Pace of today is a very different image to the Pace of the Yorkshire square days.

So I'm happy to stand by my vote that Pace have lost their image since moving away from square tubes. (But yes I am thinking long and hard about buying best part of £800 worth of new custom steel hard tail with a pace badge on it...)

I havn't really got time, but may have to drop in at the show on my way to dartmoor...

Saw the the pace's at the show today .. They're doing a fixie! :shock:

The 104 is nice, but the chap looked a bit puzzled when I asked why they'd fillet brazed an 853 frame. The stay is chromed as opposed to stainless. Apparently retail will be 599 frame-only .. all hand made by one man from start to finish (in taiwan though)

fixie had a sexy one-piece bar-stem combo though! Shame I can't stand fixie-dom

These new bikes don't tickle my fancy all that much.

But that BB went straight onto my shopping list.

Well they seem to have managed to make a couple of fugly bikes there,and I'm disapointed they've gone for slidey dropouts instead of the eccentric bb of the prototype,just removed this from the wanted list :cry:

I'd tell you all about my dealing with Pace over the last couple of months but im waiting for a replacement and want to sell it on as fast as i can.

They are not what they used to be.

bri

Back