retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
So here we are again.
This turned up a while ago here as a for sale thread and later, a valuation thread... Little interest was shown but I saw it's historical value and it fits in with my British steel fetish so I plunged in for a deal.

This bike from the first all women's mountain bike team and was built by Fleet, it's black and pink colour way matched the team kit of the day and it's previous owner Jill (bottom right), still has her team top to match

1000012399.jpg

I know very little about the builders fleet cycles and have been unable to find much at all from the interweb, you can see it has the same internal seat post clamp, ludo piece cable stop and collared bottom bracket as the JMC hardisty but with a lovely 5 piece rigid fork.

Frame tubing is unknown but I'm guessing at Columbus genius as it is so light.

Condition is well used, it's been raced all over the country so it does have some battle scars, paint is scratched, couple of SPD scuffs and a ding in the top tube.

Pics

1000012934.jpg
1000012937.jpg
1000012935.jpg 1000012939.jpg

If you know anything more about hardisty and fleet cycles, any old race photos of the bike or the team, please feel free to post here.

What you doing about the paint, would be tempted to leave it myself with its history :cool:

I'm inclined to agree with you, I think it'll get touched up in some areas and I'll try and clean some of the rust off but overall I've seen a lot worse in my time.

Components will get a clean up and I think I might sort the LH thumbie out before it falls off.

1000012936.jpg

Great score Lee. I had to go and occupy my mind with something else when I saw that pop up the first time - the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears shouting "La la la la, I can't hear you". Sort of wish I hadn't now!

A solid +1 for keeping the paint here

Cheers fella she nearly didn't sell it and it was withdrawn which I get, but then in her words she 'put her big pants on'

Its in safe hands Jill

Safe hands indeed 👍🏼

Nice find.

I recently picked this up from Newcastle,

Nice find.

I recently picked this up from Newcastle,

I also have a Hardisty road bike, made from reynolds 531, picked up from York cycle rally for next to nothing, odd mix of gear with the hardisty logo stamped into the BB shell.

I had to squirrel it away to the back of the shed before it got noticed by swmbo and I got an earful so no pics yet, but essentially the same decals and colour as yours.

Back