Hands up who owns too many Bikes

See below... I have too many... I mean, 3 are the same for f sake!!!!

But I love 'em and theyre staying!!!!

Still after an X1 and a big red stumpy...

Mine is Growing again :oops:

GT RTS
GT ZASKAR
GT LIGHTNING
GT FORCE (old road not modern Force)
GT Avalanche 1992 x2

In bits

Orange c16r
Muddy Fox Courier 1987

REALLY REALLY want a LTS/STS but dreaming at the moment :cool:

7...up until this weekend :oops:

Restored 1926 Gents BSA single-speed (28-inch wheels).
Half-restored 1930s Royal Enfield with SA 3-speed quadrant-change.
un-restored 1940s Ladies Humber with SA 3-speed, chain-bath, and twin fork stays.
restored 1950s childs Phillips with cute little (Baby) Brooks saddle.
1990s Pashley Workbike - used from new.
1989 Carlton Tourer (just being refurbed/resprayed) - used from new.
1990 Raleigh Dyna-Tech 2070 MTB in Team colours with Campag Centaur groupset - used from new.

...and then this beauty appeared (as if from nowhere) this weekend :oops:

1992 Raleigh Dyna-Tech MT5 with Metal Matrix Composite frame.

Ah-well, that's enough now as I'm sure my wife-to-be will think I'm 'around-the-twist'. :)

Attachments

• Dyna-Tech MT5.jpg
    Dyna-Tech MT5.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 784
bought three more frames last week...now up to 51 but one isn't staying around long. one is a 1990 Avalanche so all I need to have the complete Avalanche/Team Avalanche collection is the 1993 Team Avalanche in blue probably the one where the least were made. I also grabbed a third Psyclone which will probably get front suspension and a XT or M900 build.

gm1230126":15vjtnbz said:
bought three more frames last week...now up to 51 but one isn't staying around long. one is a 1990 Avalanche so all I need to have the complete Avalanche/Team Avalanche collection is the 1993 Team Avalanche in blue probably the one where the least were made. I also grabbed a third Psyclone which will probably get front suspension and a XT or M900 build.

you really should consider making a GT museum...a bit like the firstflight of GT bikes :)

Yesterday, I a nice young woman came visit me… :D
When she came in my garage :
The nice woman : "Hey ! but you are crazy ! How many bikes do you have !???? For what that is used to have so many bikes !!!!

Me : hemm… heu…………… :oops: :shock:

The nice woman : !!!!! :x :roll: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Me : just a question : how many shoes you have ?

The nice woman : ok ok ok… :roll:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

this site is the devil's work i tell ya! :evil:

not as bad as some of you all here, but still i have a problem and have become an addict! :oops:

started with 2 bikes, a framset and a few odd and end parts. at the start it was good since i got rid of some of the parts i had lying around, but then i started upgrading one bike and then acquired a modern FS, and then it was all over!

now i've got 4 bikes for myself, 2 for the missus, 3 framesets and boxes of parts, including NOS grips, tyres, etc ... :roll:

the disease sorta spread to the missus and i've infected my sis, and at least 3 co-workers who have picked up cycling and purchased either new or used bikes in the past year.

If all the frames etc were built up I'd have 12.

Built
94/5 Kona AA
92 (?) Concorde MTB
65 ish Geoffrey Butler
80's Rourke/Raleigh
80's Ammaco Silver Star

Frames/Half built
65 Carlton Flyer - loooong project, nearly got all the parts though
50's Mercian Campionissimo - needs a refinish then building fixed
Specialized Allez Epic - needs forks and a couple of other bits
'99 Olmo - needs 9 speed wheels
97 GT LTS needs more XTR!
88 Klein Pinnacle - needs forks and a couple of other bits
Vitus 980 frame

I don't have a problem with too many bikes, as I have the space to store them, I have a problem with finishing them. House/cars etc keep on taking the money I need to finish the bikes!

Back