For Sale H. R. Morris complete road bike ( a one off )

I think we've heard enough of this 3 grand is nothing, we are not proper collectors nonsense now. I think the same point has been made 7 or 8 times. You call others rude, I am not impressed by your modesty either.
I'm surprised you think I'm immodest when I'm simply stating a near universal truth - we are by an order of magnitude a more wealthy and property rich nation now than we were 40 years ago when I bought my first bike on a wage of £390 a month. 'You must be on drugs'... It's not me throwing around the predictable ad homs. . I'm not saying 3 grand is peanuts, but it's simply stating the bleeding obvious - it's currently the norm for a carbon club bike or a half decent electric assist. To deny that reality, that's kinda stoopid imho.

Oh and I've expanded on my point that three grand is not excessive for a luxury product 3 times, not 7 or 8, always happy to help the innumerate among us.

Last edited:
Part of me wants to join this 'debate', part of me not! Oh heck, I feel compelled to dive in as it resonates with me on a number of levels. Yes, I and probably other collectors here can afford £3k on a 'classic steel' bike. Have I done in the past, no. Will I do now, unlikely. Why? Because I can buy what chimes with me for less and there's plenty of other things I could spend that money on that would probably be more meaningful than going another +1 at this stage in my life (late 50s and still restoring and riding). At this level, you've gone beyond tinkering and riding a bike and into the realm of owning art. Nothing wrong with that, but one man's graffiti is another man's Banksy (I should point out that the bike in question is undeniably a work of art in my mind!). Do I want to curate for the next generation- no, I think there's better philanthropic actions if that's a motivation. Would I drop £3k on a carbon bike, no, why? because £500 to £1200 has bought me a second hand carbon superbike that's more than good enough for me to keep pace in any weekend ride and I don't see it important to have the very latest offering. So let's not over generalise and maintain the respect that we have for each other. We all share a love of bikes for one reason or another. The bike will find its future owner and hopefully bring them commensurate enjoyment!

I'm surprised you think I'm immodest when I'm simply stating a near universal truth - we are by an order of magnitude a more wealthy and property rich nation now than we were 40 years ago when I bought my first bike on a wage of £390 a month. 'You must be on drugs'... It's not me throwing around the predictable ad homs. . I'm not saying 3 grand is peanuts, but it's simply stating the bleeding obvious - it's currently the norm for a carbon club bike or a half decent electric assist. To deny that reality, that's kinda stoopid imho.

Oh and I've expanded on my point that three grand is not excessive for a luxury product 3 times, not 7 or 8, always happy to help the innumerate among us.
I asked IF you were on drugs. I did not say you must be on drugs, though I'm beginning to wonder now. Back to ignore.

Latest posts

Back