Gt Xizang Titanium Mountain Bike 18"

Amaz'in

Dirt Disciple
I recently popped a few pics up of this Bike...and have been receiving some advice from fellow members as to how to value this Machine.

I have little knowledge myself of Mountain Bikes..I'm a Roadie..and mostly collect 70/80's Time Trial bikes.

This Gt has hung in the rafter's of my garage for arond 11 years now..and has been used for a 5 mile ride around 3 years ago, so I think I can safely say..i'm not going to use it.

After I bought it off the original owner..I took the Bike into 'Apple Pie' of Norwich (long since out of business) I spent a considerable some of money having a XT chainset fitted..a new Hope Hub into a re-built wheel..(can't remember which wheel?)etc.

I can't tell you much about this machine..I hope the pic's speak a thousand words...but the advice I received form members on this forum all came up with the same prices..frame £550-£650..and the Paul's front mech..£150.

I 'think' it's an 18" following the advice on how to measure Gt frames...

So following advice..I will put a price of £ 1,250.00 on it..and see what happens.

I am of course open to offers..i'm moving soon..so it's a good time to thin out my unwanted machinery.

I am away to Northampton and Derby etc tomorrow afternoon..but 'should' be back home over the weekend..

James

Attachments

• P1011551 (Large).JPG
    P1011551 (Large).JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 3,272
  • P1011552 (Large).JPG
    P1011552 (Large).JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 3,272
  • P1011557 (Large).JPG
    P1011557 (Large).JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 3,272
  • P1011558 (Large).JPG
    P1011558 (Large).JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 3,272
Looks amazing.. Wish I had the money.. Won't sell my Yo..

Goodluck with the sale.

p1011557_large_141.jpg

I'd say your cable guide is the wrong way round, Cable is rubbing the frame..

Just a heads up.. ;)

yes..you may well be correct on this....

I have to be honest and admit..I really don't have too much interest in this Bike..I just love my Classic steel road and TT machines...and i'm fastideous with them....

Which is why I have hoped no one will ask me detailed questions about the parts etc..I wouldn't be able to tell anyone much about it..ask me info on classic road bikes from 50's- 80's and I can bore the pants off John Major...

Just so anyone knows..I am now away tomorrow afternoon..but may be gone for two or three day's...not sure yet..so please don't think i'm being rude if I don't answer any questions afer 4.00ish tomorrow afternoon.

James

Sorry..forgot to say..

Please ignore the strange saddle..it belongs to one of my Road bikes..it's just on there to hang it (by nose of the saddle) over the joist in the garage.

Not sure where the original is?

wow, a thing of beauty, worth every penny, front mech reminds me of my look gear i used to wear when i was road racing as a teen... :cool: :LOL:

Thanks Gaz....

If I could find the Road bike version of this..I would be in heaven..I didn't even know they did one until recently...

A guy in the UK had one for sale..because it was too small for him..and at 56cm..too small for me too....

I have seen a few Ti Roadbike frames...some very nice ones from known brands..but I really do think the welding on this Gt is supreme...

Wonder if Ti stretches enough..from 56 to 59/60 ish :LOL: :LOL:

Mike I 'think' it may have been a Bontrager..or even a x-Lite? must have it somewhere around still.

I'm going to leave this up here until maybe Sunday...then pop it on the Bay..which was my original idea to be honest..a few members reckoned to put it on here as it would certainly sell..so I did just that.

Back