GT Xizang 92. Done 23/05/10 (Pictures heavy)

Thanks a lot Jumpke :)
justwannaride, Really nice Xizang, shame you've let her go...

Project done and dusted for now, but after todays ride will consider suspension forks.

Last images taken:

Yes mr P. :) its a 3D fork which allow adjust axle in three points, depends on what ride you prefer, more aggressive or stable. GT made them in 92 only and equipped GTs from Xizang down to Avalanche.

Radoslaw":2oy7e8wf said:
Yes mr P. :) its a 3D fork which allow adjust axle in three points, depends on what ride you prefer, more aggressive or stable. GT made them in 92 only and equipped GTs from Xizang down to Avalanche.

Good. Just testing you. :LOL:

Radoslaw":2loexohq said:
justwannaride, Really nice Xizang, shame you've let her go...
Thanks dude, wasn't by choice i'm afraid. :(

And yours is done! Congratz! And it looks really great. Other than your noted consideration for suspension, does it ride as good as it looks?
I love the way that era Xizang looks rigid. Was '92 the last year it wasn't suspension-corrected?

Rad good bro we do need to help you finish that shopping list. That Petersen U-brake maybe hard to come by. You may want to consider a Dia Compe AD990 which was the spec if someone ordered a complete XC Pro build kit back in 91 for a Xizang LE frame. A black 2x4 or 3D will certainly finish it off nicely also.
Have you considered a quick blasting of the blue fork with a new coat of shiny black enamel? I know where 3D fork decals are available. What kind of steer tube length do you need and I'll check and see if I can help on the fork.. although I think the ones I have are short.

gm1230126":3pg2lpr1 said:
Rad good bro we do need to help you finish that shopping list. That Petersen U-brake maybe hard to come by. You may want to consider a Dia Compe AD990 which was the spec if someone ordered a complete XC Pro build kit back in 91 for a Xizang LE frame. A black 2x4 or 3D will certainly finish it off nicely also.
Have you considered a quick blasting of the blue fork with a new coat of shiny black enamel? I know where 3D fork decals are available. What kind of steer tube length do you need and I'll check and see if I can help on the fork.. although I think the ones I have are short.

Good to know about U-brakes Kev, thought AD990 were for BMX only :oops: They comes quiet cheap today. Is it the same model what you could buy new? I was told BMX and MTB studs have differences so i was bit confused with it.
I was just step from repaint these forks but just couldn't. They came with my very first GT which is well battered now and I still have hope to restore to previous condition and glory. I'll be keen to buy 3D or 2x4 forks in black. Don't know how short you've got, frame require quite short 140mm steerer tube. Thanks a lot for advice and any help with forks.

Back