GT Xizang 92. Done 23/05/10 (Pictures heavy)

Radoslaw

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Have this frame for over a year now.
Start wasn't fortunate, frame came rotten with very badly seized bottom bracket and missing u-brake studs.
Bracket soaked for month in professional penetrating oil, and I've put in to vice after.
Too much torque snapped right splined cup. I was gutted.
But I didn't gave up so easy and shipped frame to Poland to well known to me
engineer and bike mechanic who I trusted and I knew he won't let me down. Frame came across this week.
BB has been removed and shell professionally re-threaded.
I've polished her and put new decals.

Just look what a beauty is now!

OH MY GOD!!!

You lucky b*st*rd! That looks soooooo beautyful, and exactly my size and the model year I'm after ;-)

No but really, great frame and great job with the decals and polishing. You gotta build that one with XT or XTR from 1992 (and of course a True Temper handlebar and Onza Ti barends).

Would be great seeing this finished (and maybe in a BOTM) :cool:

Void

Void(EN12-82)":zd4rm9iy said:
OH MY GOD!!!

You lucky b*st*rd! That looks soooooo beautyful, and exactly my size and the model year I'm after ;-)

No but really, great frame and great job with the decals and polishing. You gotta build that one with XT or XTR from 1992 (and of course a True Temper handlebar and Onza Ti barends).

Would be great seeing this finished (and maybe in a BOTM) :cool:

Void

Thanks mate :D
Have started collecting XT parts but changed mind, she will be build with this:

Full Suntour Grease Guard with original cables and grips. All NOS apart cranks and pedals but they are mint. Have even suntour grease gun .
Only u-brake is dia-compe XCE, couldn't find anything closer to suntour so far. As BITD Xizangs were build as a option with XC Pro I think it's not bad idea.

MMMmmm....

That is very nice. Have you got any "before" pictures to compare it to its shiny lovely self now?

coomber":3i5vjhsb said:
MMMmmm....

That is very nice. Have you got any "before" pictures to compare it to its shiny lovely self now?

Only these:

Frame had lot of c**p inside. Came out with penetration oil and rest was sorted by high pressure "Karcher" :D But as is titanium, frame stayed intact.

Yes it is 16 inch C-C . 19 inch was too big, probably 18 would be the best option. Compared with my 18 inch Zaskar, top tube is not much shoter, with 140 mm stem and bit longer seatpost frame should suit perfectly for me (I have 5.9 feet)

Back