GT RTS 1 frame and forks

dazaa

Dirt Disciple
Please, someone buy this before I realize just how lovely a frame it is and want to keep it, simply don't have the space for anymore bikes :cry: :cry:

GT RTS1 frame and what I believe are marzocchi bomber forks. Everything else is included, the kore stem, tioga headset, bontrager ti bars (worth a small fortune it seems) and the noleen piggy back shock. The fork doesn't seem to leak and cycles up and down nicely, the rear shock seems ok with no leaks (assuming it's oil filled?). The frame has been gathering dust in a shed for years and I admit it doesn't look too nice in the pics, I wiped one part with some auto sol and it's as shiny as anything underneath, so will polish the rest of the frame and get some better pictures up. The white marks on the fork crown also rub right off and the alloy polished up really nice. It measures 18 inches from the middle of the bb to the top of the seat tube. Probably needs new decals. Oh it comes with a seat post too.

Considering one sold on ebay for 150 without the bars stem or other bits, I will do this one for 160 including postage in the uk.

Attachments

• gt rts.jpg
    gt rts.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 1,058
  • gt rts1.jpg
    gt rts1.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 1,058
  • gt.jpg
    gt.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 1,058
Shouldn't that have a flat end cap on it the same as a zaskar would seeing as it will have been made in the usa?

What's the serial number read?
Just all numbers or letters and numbers mixed?

Re:

Ah damn :( so it's a taiwan made frame? I thought the piggy back shock meant it was an early one(unless I read wrong) how does that affect the value?

You can buy the piggy back shocks on here now and then and the bay.
(Just bought one a while ago for my 92/3 rts-1)

It will be a rts-2 or 3

I think you will probably get between £60-£75 for the frame.

You would be best splitting the parts.

Appreciate the help guys.

In which case, I don't really have the time to split it, i'll leave that choice to the new owner. 110 posted in the uk?

Im interested in the frame only without the fork, stem etc etc. Can you send me the ítem to argentina? or to Belgium?.

thanks!

Juan Pablo

Back