could any of you give me info on it
and also do you no if it will be able
to have rear disk brakes

Greg

Attachments

• c0d4_3.jpg
    c0d4_3.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 2,867
Hello and welcome Greg, that's a lovely machine. The stickers are right, looks like a 1998 LTS 1000 XC. Originally it would have come with single crown Marzocchi Bombers in white - they did an LTS 1000 DS (Dual Sport, an early take on freeriding which was quite ahead of its time I always think) which came with triple clamp Judys like you've got there and a front disc brake. However, the 1998 frames didn't have disc mounts - those came in 1999 and 2000. Can't quite see in the picture, but I don't think it looks like yours does. Travel is adjustable from 4 to 5 inches by flipping the plastic chip round which the shock is mounted to on the upper link. www.betd.co.uk is the place to head to for spare bearings/bushes etc. If any of this is wrong, someone please correct me, but hope it helps!

cheers dave i took more pictures
i havnt a clue were to start on it
very new to it was just a lad last
time i had a bike lol

you will be able to run a rear disc with a mounting kit, its not out of question although if i were you id just stick with a v or magura rim brake.

nice frame and nice forks, they didnt come in red they were either black (XL's) or grey (XLC's) should have 100mm of spring travel and the should be super stiff laterly.

Here's the rear disc mount on my LTS DH

rearbrake.jpg

Brakes are Hope C2's, got these brakes with the bike 8 years ago but if i was doing it from scratch i'd probably go for Magura's like Crud suggested, discs are ok not anything special.

As for where to start with it, if you haven't got any kit for it first thing to look for is wheels and tyres then seatpin/saddle, stem/bars then drivetrain and brakes, that's how i tackle a bare frame and forks anyway.

Look's like a good start as it is though :cool:

was on betd and saw this

GT LTS Disc Mount
A neat little mount that bolts straight to the holes in the non drive dropout of the GT LTS frame,that have them

do yous think it will fit my bike

Greg

you dont have any holes in the non drive side so i dont think so

*edit

sorry you do. i think that gizmo will do the job!

I see that on ebay!! :D

You can get the a2z bracket ...Fitted the back of the Zascar a treat so I guess it would a LTS ?

Back