GT Lobo. Complete bike.

crud":13htd0h0 said:
ahh had a look and this model lobo came out in '99 its the Lobo 1000 DH

has the paint been stripped because as far as i can find the '99 was black and the '00 was white?
pretty sure this is not the 1000, this was the team lobo, a far nicer and rarer beast than a 1000, and much tougher than the sts. Also sure it was earlier than 99 as I remember selling one of these and I left the trade in 1998

So do we think this one is a Team Lobo as oppose to the 1000??

Also meant to ask what size this is??

Cheers

Si

Hi SiT, I've replied, cheers.

The bike is indeed a Team Lobo - Everything is as it came. The frame has never been stripped, it's supposed to be that way.

Cheers

Niall

Cheers Niall

Reply right back at you.

Anyone know the difference between the Team and 1000 models??

Also what was travel on these??

Si

well steve peat was riding an aluminium lobo 'proto', before the sts lobo, in 1997 so i guess this is that?

Sure is.

I have to say I had an awful lot of fun on it but I aint no Steve Peat! But for me I could really rail the corners and I felt like I could jump a bus like Eddie Kidd (what a great guy!) but I really couldn't do it justice.

The handling is amazing!

Here is the history as the Lobo used to be mine.
Was origionaly an STS Lobo bought in late 1997.Hence older style decals on the Boxxers and Hope C2 discs.
Kid who bought it raced a few times then broke his knee cap.I bought it off him.
I did about a season and a half in the NAMBS before the frame snapped at the main pivot on the seat tube.My local GT dealer got me a replacement alloy frame and shock direct from the importers that was indeed a Team Lobo.No difference except finish to the Lobo 1000.Travel is 6" front and rear though Peat had custom offset pivots that bumped that up to,I think,7.5".
While I had it I changed the following parts:
XT cassette.
Mavic 321 rims
Chain device
Saddle.
Everything else as it left the factory.
All in all some one should get their hands in their pockets and give it a good home! So glad its still about and in such good condition.
Nice one Nial!!

Cheers for all the info guys this beauty should be with me tomorrow and i can't wait!!!!!!! :LOL: :shock: :LOL:

Its like christmas come early!!!!!!

Thanks for all your help Niall - top man!

Si

Back