GT Karakoram, why didn't I buy it. DOH !

MADJEZ

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Wimped out on this one and now kicking myself.

Went for £62, damn me for being so tight !

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220732325963&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

!CEQ6w,QBWk~$(KGrHqN,!i0E0GwGU4)oBNRYc48uMg~~_12.JPG

Been watching all week, I could have picked up locally and wanted
for the parts. I thought is was a 99 Karakoram (reasonable STX spec and Rock Shox), on closer inspection (Bikepedia) its a 99 (more LX parts, Mavic rims, better Rock Shox).

I'm sure sure now I could have sold the parts I didn't want (i frame/forks)
and got most or all of my money back.

Don't you just hate hindsight !

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I was going to say 'you sure' (silly question). I had the catalogues in
German to go on and went by colour scheme & decals (bikepedia has
this bike under 199:cool:. Looks like the spec dropped a bit in 99 (presumably
to keep the price the same).

I was only interested in the parts and was hoping to sell on the frame
and maybe the forks, its too small for me and I'm not in the market for
a steel frame at the moment.

Thats 100% a '99 model year. I bought one new back in '99 same as that only 18" and black. All the parts are the same. It's mostly 570 LX with a 750 XT rear mech and an STX RC front mech. Also Reynolds 525 main tubes, Judy XC's ,Azonic stem, titec bars, Onza barends etc. That's not the original saddle. It was a better spec than the '98. The '98 didnt have the XT rear mech and had an Indy fork. I bought mine on the strength of the '98 catalogue and was pleasantly suprised when I picked it up from the bike shop. The Judy's offset dropouts and the XT rear mech were the first things I noticed.

Deffo 99 model and 99% original by the looks of it - Onza bar ends and Azonic orc stems were all over GT's from that year

The Judy xc forks were hydracoil that year rather than the damper cartridge of 98 which kept blowing

Bargain at that sort of money!

Back