GT Bravado LE

Re: Re:

drystonepaul":2x7444fe said:
As a moderator I'm probably in a position to raise a couple of points regarding forum etiquette.

Firstly, Retrobike is a fairly diverse community of highly knowledgeable and very enthusiastic collectors, restorers, riders and bike geeks.
We offer free advice and opinions.

The valuation section sometimes gets people giving valuations. Sometimes it doesn't. But they are always free valuations.

If you want an 'expert' valuation you usually have to pay an 'expert'.

In this instance the first valuation started with "I'm not a leading authority on GTs". To complain about what is perceived to be a low number seems a little churlish given that it's potential inaccuracy had already been acknowledged...

The fact is, by posting up on the forum you have given your bike a lot of free exposure. If you are indeed getting offers of $750 (£500) then I suggest you take them.

I'm no expert, but if you are getting those sort of offers for that bike then I need to start selling some of my bikes while the market is red hot.

Again, I apologize. I think to a GT enthusiast - obviously the value is higher. That said, I do realize that most of the estimates I received were probably quite accurate and I thank you for taking a look. The US dollar is weaker than usual, so those estimates were a bit better than I initially realized as well. I learned from more knowledgeable readers that my bike is not as big as I had remembered. Turns out it's a 19", which is an odd size for GT. This group definitely knows their bikes! It's a bit of a sensitive crowd, maybe just a cultural difference that I wasn't aware of or something. Putting "expert" in quotations was not right of me - sorry fellas. In retrospect I think the many "If you are really being offered" this or that comments put me off a bit. I wouldn't lie about such a silly thing and felt I was on the defense the moment I said I had been offered more just for the forks. This, too, could potentially insult the gentlemen who PM'd me the offer. At any rate - you all had good intentions I'm sure. Thanks! I may just sell it after all, because it will end up somewhere it is much appreciated and cared for. At this point I'm more in need of some comfort. Probably along the "hybrid" lines. Not sure what brand will give me the bang for the buck. But I'll figure it out. PEACE :oops:

I know this post is older. But, at 66, I reminesce a lot. I raced this bike in 93-94. I was sponsored and did pretty well. I wish I had never sold it. I bought the b ase bike and the sponsor loaded it up. I had a Manitou for with a GORILLA brace. All XT. They swapped out the b ars and head for something much better. XT clipless pedals and Ti bones. Built me a set of RINGLE hubbed wheels. Mavics. New seatpost and a really sweet racing saddle. Almost brings a tear to my eye. I will always be grateful to tghose guys for what they did for me. Its a tough sport. But ultimate fun. If I was closer, I would snatch that bike in a second. Im sure its in a good home tho. Cheers all. Happy Trails.

Latest posts

Back