GT Bravado LE

Re:

Yes, sorry, there were photos sir. I was trying g to delete the post and don't know how. I was just trying get some feedback prior.

Re: Re:

legrandefromage":2lxvov9r said:
Seahawk1":2lxvov9r said:
Can't seem to figure out how to delete this post. Can you help me with that, lol? I didn't even put it up for sale and have 6 offers. All of which are much, much higher than the "expert" feedback I'm receiving. I see "edit post", but no "delete".

Well aren't you the "lucky" one.

Well now you're the 'expert' as you have 6 unsolicited offers - perhaps you care to enlighten us all as to the real market value...?

mrkawasaki":ggdgtmy6 said:
Well now you're the 'expert' as you have 6 unsolicited offers - perhaps you care to enlighten us all as to the real market value...?
Apparently to the right folks that would be between $450 for frameset only and $750 with original tires and seat (both of which I still have) And now it's up to 7 offers. One of which is willing to pay the $600 or so in shipping to get it overseas.

I've not seen the pics but if I were you then I'd be taking one of those offers ASAP. People on here do actually know the market value of old bikes. I'm not a GT expert but some of the offers you've had are way more than what would be expected, even if the bike was mint. Take the money and run!

So you come here to ask questions on the value, we happily oblige because we're good that way and then you get grumpy because its not what you wanted to hear. And the one positive thing you give in exchange for the information is some nice photos which you then take away like some spoilt kid.

Hmmm. Well good luck with the sale. Pack and insure it well as couriers tend to be a little careless.

legrandefromage":3c6qrbc2 said:
So you come here to ask questions on the value, we happily oblige because we're good that way and then you get grumpy because its not what you wanted to hear. And the one positive thing you give in exchange for the information is some nice photos which you then take away like some spoilt kid.

Hmmm. Well good luck with the sale. Pack and insure it well as couriers tend to be a little careless.

My apologies, I didn't intend to take the pics down, as I said I was trying to delete the post. I was not disappointed with anything because I don't need money and had no preconceived dollar amount in mind. I was confused and came across "grumpy" I guess. Confused because the estimates being posted are pretty low while behind the scenes I'm being offered much more. You see, this is the ONLY place I've ever discussed or shown photos regarding this bike. So while you are beating me up - your colleagues are messaging me offers and remaining silent. Wisecracks about the amounts being offered will only offend them, not me

Re:

As a moderator I'm probably in a position to raise a couple of points regarding forum etiquette.

Firstly, Retrobike is a fairly diverse community of highly knowledgeable and very enthusiastic collectors, restorers, riders and bike geeks.
We offer free advice and opinions.

The valuation section sometimes gets people giving valuations. Sometimes it doesn't. But they are always free valuations.

If you want an 'expert' valuation you usually have to pay an 'expert'.

In this instance the first valuation started with "I'm not a leading authority on GTs". To complain about what is perceived to be a low number seems a little churlish given that it's potential inaccuracy had already been acknowledged...

The fact is, by posting up on the forum you have given your bike a lot of free exposure. If you are indeed getting offers of $750 (£500) then I suggest you take them.

I'm no expert, but if you are getting those sort of offers for that bike then I need to start selling some of my bikes while the market is red hot.

Latest posts

Back