GT 853 Singlespeed frame. Very rare, maybe unique

I dont think this is a GT frame, more likely custom hand made, £200 on retrobike, £300 on cycle-chat and £150 on ebay, why all different prices Feary??

GT...

Guybe, agree maybe the frameset id miss i.d.'d ...but the other ref'd on t'other forum is a:

" A lovely Reynolds 853 GT Edge Road Frame, fillet brazed. in exceptional condition. Has Henry James drop outs! It has never been fully built up, just had wheels in."

Different frameset + fork = different market price / value I would geuss...

Incidentally I've actaully seen both these framesets, and they're nice things, Mr F being a serious collector...however I've never been a fan of GT's (unless there's ice & lemon / lime involved!) so don't have a opinion on this matter.

Re: GT...

tangent":2cqjeg20 said:
Mr F being a serious collector....

Might suggest that if he's also a serious seller, he should answer some of the questions here? Its is likely that this site represents a large part of his targetted market, seems a bit daft not to put peoples minds at rest, if he can.

tangent":1j30h6g1 said:
" A lovely Reynolds 853 GT Edge Road Frame, fillet brazed. in exceptional condition. Has Henry James drop outs! It has never been fully built up, just had wheels in."

It have be built up and ridden as his ebay auction back in the summer mention this 'There are a few marks due to usage, but they are minor'...the goalposts have be moved? :LOL:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GT-853-Single-Spe ... 286.c0.m14

Here is the pic:-

Attachments

• 33dd_1.jpg
    33dd_1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,053
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Russell":10nqthz0 said:
tangent":10nqthz0 said:
Mr F being a serious collector....

Might suggest that if he's also a serious seller, he should answer some of the questions here? Its is likely that this site represents a large part of his targetted market, seems a bit daft not to put peoples minds at rest, if he can.

I don't think this is going to happen. At this point we are beating a dead horse...or rather thread.

Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

guybe":23nhigkj said:
tangent":23nhigkj said:

It have be built up and ridden as his ebay auction back in the summer mention this 'There are a few marks due to usage, but they are minor'...the goalposts have be moved? :LOL:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GT-853-Single-Spe ... 286.c0.m14

Here is the pic:-

Go check the advert out ;)

It is a completely different frame.
..Reynolds 853 GT Edge Road Frame...

Might be blue with a sticker.
But this one has GT stickers, the GT style toptube/setube intersect, carbon forks (look like) and well it's a roadie frame not an mtb frame.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back