Growing hostility towards Mountainbikers and Cyclists

Rampage":bnq9qf9u said:
I'm reasonably sure I won one on eBay with chainstays but never managed to get it.
Also this one, if the guy is correct:

:shock:

Wow! Want. Never even heard about these until now, let alone seen one. It seems the Alpinestars warranty department dished out some über rare models, like this one given to the guy pictured to replace a cracked Al-Mega DX (to whom I apologise for nicking this pic off Facebook ages ago but whose name I've forgotten :oops:). It's a late-1991 production Al-Mega DX frame with the additional headtube gusset - not uncommon in itself, but it's stickered with 1992 A-M DX graphics, and painted a unique colour; neither the 92 A-M DX scheme nor the 91 A-M DX. It also came with Paoli suspension forks, direct from Alpinestars which were not mentioned in any brochure or spec in 1991, 92 or 93. To my knowledge this is a UNIQUE bike, and I've been tempted to recreate it (I can get those forks) but there's no way of knowing what the exact shade of yellow is/was. He no longer has it and it probably went to the scrap heap many years ago :(
Stil, super cool because of its rarity! :cool:

Re: Re:

M-Power":26ap05wj said:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/lethal-nail-traps-being-left-11416542#ICID=FB-Wales-main

:facepalm:
Yeah, I know. The gramming in the first sentence is atrocious. Whatever happened to proofreading?
The wooden boards with large nails in it …

That's ******* mental, though. You gotta be totally wrong in the head to do something like that.

tufty":2rlbm591 said:
M-Power":2rlbm591 said:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/lethal-nail-traps-being-left-11416542#ICID=FB-Wales-main

Yeah, I know. The gramming in the first sentence is atrocious. Whatever happened to proofreading?

That's **** mental, though. You gotta be totally wrong in the head to do something like that.

The fact that whoever did this could have maimed a child, dog or runner too, should magnify the investigation response.

M-Power":2cph1wyy said:
tufty":2cph1wyy said:
M-Power":2cph1wyy said:

That's **** mental, though. You gotta be totally wrong in the head to do something like that.

The fact that whoever did this could have maimed a child, dog or runner too, should magnify the investigation response.

These people need care in the "communty" (one of the many heinous typos I've witnessed in my job). Remember the sabotaging of one of those Tour race staged in Wales with drawing pins? These are the actions of sick individuals. Their victims will likely be 'unintended': children or dogs being walked and any wildlife in the habitat too, will suffer a painful maiming through no fault of their own. Knowing the area, it is kind of in the middle of nowhere relatively – if you've ever seen it on BBC4, think of 'Hinterland', the dark bleak morose Scandi-style crime drama.

Potentially, these are the actions of landowners, gamekeepers, 'lampers' and hunting sports types, as the traps demonstrate a level of savvy and intention to discourage people from the land. They need to set up cameras in the locations and have Police beat some trails, although this will take up time and resources...

Re:

Motion detector cameras all watched by a local network of bikers/walkers etc will deter these sick individuals from doing this. Followed up with a lengthy custodial sentence.

Re:

It's technically possible but in any scenario, it all stands or falls on the actual enforcement and due process of law.

M-Power":3k3gstir said:
groovyblueshed":3k3gstir said:
Hate breeds hate and more idiots are getting ideas: "Hyde Park cyclist left with neck injury after hitting rope strung across path by hoodies" http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/hy ... 73686.html

Surely there is CCTV somewhere to catch those culprits :facepalm:

CCTV ain't everywhere just yet and those no-marks will know where there's no coverage. If CCTV is there, it then crucially depends on cameras pointing in the direction of the incident. But the problem is that bored no-marks get inspired to try out the bad things they've heard about or seen done someplace.

Back