Ground Control seatpost - I'm furious - Help!

Be very carefull if you are going to try the upside down, seatpost top clamped in a vice method !
I had to scrap a frame trying this method, I thought I'd got some movement going and the post was finally freeing. I then noticed a long split in the seat tube going down past the stays, post never shifted :cry:
Good luck with what ever you decide to go with.

seat post

i had this with a YETI frame & Ringle post :(

I stripped the bike down to just a frame, soaked the offending post/frame in penetrating oil....

Left for a few days then clamped the seatpost as close to the top of the frames seat-tube in a very solid bench vice. Myself & a mate applied pressure alternatively on both sides. It did not take long....

It certainly went with a crack and the Ringle post was trashed but frame fine.

Dont forget to apply anti seize on your fresh seat post ;)

If all else fails.... :shock:

stuckpost1.jpg

stuckpost2.jpg

Steve

no one menntion cutting and reaming the seat tube ..tis the quickest and safest method and doesnt touch the paint work.if you dont have access to 1 then use a large pipe wrench with round jaws.use sandpaper for grip betwixt seat post and jaws .dont put the pipe on with too much pressure.....this will move the post ...no probs.(ps pure silicon spray is the best lube to use)

I'd go with reaming, if the frame is rare /favorite/expensive,the post is the cheapest part,it will take a long time but these things you dont want to even think about rushing :shock: .
And the frame will survive . :D

Back