Greg Lemond Ti MTB (92) - Revisited page 4

Can't help feeling that the brakes don't quite fit as well, though. And nice looking as the 'post is, did you really think it would escape the retro critique? Sticks out like a sore (modern) thumb!

Yeah the brakes were the only sore point. As I said the Marinovatives would have been my first choice but weren't workable with the Mani 1's. I will probably look for some blake graftons or something like that but may have to wait for the bank balance to recover from the rest of the build.

The seat post was a bit of a compromise too, trying to get a retro Ti one in 26.6 was proving impossible, so i used the amoeba as it was a good price and I like the two tone brushed/polished look..

Cheers
Hilts..

That is so cool Hilts. So cool. Very good build and I love teh Mavic stuff. Looks just right - all of it.

BoTY there I can see.

:D

Mate, that is one classy build.. Just spot on :cool: The Mavic look so right..

Looking forward to discussing it over a beer ;)

Pretty amazing ride.....how long did it take to track down all that Mavic kit?

It certainly took a while. I collected a few less that spectacular bits and then saw the chainset, shifters and mechs on ebay-de.. I actually got a fairly good deal on all that stuff, so once i had found the 1" headset (courtesy of Jez) I was good to go..

Finding NOS hubs was a real problem so thats why I went the White industries route, not regretting it a second though as they are simply gorgeous..

Real nice bike mate!

I've just got a Road GL Ti, it has the exactly same GL logos as yours, and so on.

I am searching everywhere to find out what is its model name and more info about it..

Does anyone happen to know more about this model?

Thanks.

detonish":vcdmejxf said:
Real nice bike mate!

I've just got a Road GL Ti, it has the exactly same GL logos as yours, and so on.

I am searching everywhere to find out what is its model name and more info about it..

Does anyone happen to know more about this model?

Thanks.

Sure...

The road bike (and I believe the MTB also) was made by Clark Kent. The drop-outs are a tell-tale sign. They look like a couple of titanium plates welded to the inside of the chainstays/seatstays. If I remember correctly these were made from 1992-1995 (the mountain bike didn't last that long).

The MTB was also done by Litespeed at one point and was ridden by Bob Roll when he raced for "Z".

These bikes never caught on because it was a road bike legend trying to sell mountain bikes at a time when mountain bikers were trying to separate themselves from the road bike scene. That, plus the fact that the company was poorly run.

I own a couple of old steel LeMonds, one mountain and one road. They both handle very well. Hang on to these bikes.

James, sweet build!

If anyone is interested, I have a set of NOS LeMond decals for the "Z" paint schemes. I'm not selling them, but I could scan them. If someone is good with photoshop they could use my scans to reproduce them.

And finally...

If anyone knows of an existing carbon fiber LeMond mountain bike please shoot me a line! I have a picture of one that was made by CarbonDesigns (Calfee) but I've never heard of anyone actually owning one, so naturally I want it REAL bad!

Back