Great big Singlespeed thread!

Coomber, the above pic of the usual suspects, should give you an idea ;)
Its as serious as you want to do it really. Everyone is super friendly at all singlespeed events I've been to. Its a social thing as much as a race.
Next years is in Coventry it was decided. A long trek from up here but we will see. Planning on going to the Europeans in Slovenia in May. I know Gils going and Brians planning on it as well.
Jamie

Jamiedyer":3525mnzf said:
Much respect Dave, running a full sus singlespeed :cool:

Here's a couple of pics from last months SSUK 2015 down in Yorkshire.
Gil and Pam along with Andy Laing are just back from the SSWC in Japan :cool:

Jamie

Thanks, it's a bit different and quite good fun. I liken the single speed to riding a BMX as a kid - you just pedal without worrying about the correct gear;

"want to go faster - pedal harder"

That event looks good fun, is it a set route, or more like cycle orienteering?

The love affair with singlespeed riding continues unabated for me. But it was time to mix it up a bit, so the El-Mar has been downgraded with gears and there is a new arrival for my off-road singlespeed affections.

Was out on it on Saturday and Sunday and it is exactly what I expected it to be. Great fun. :mrgreen:

IMG_0459_zpssojbmbpd.jpg

More pics ... what is it? A pug?

I did my longest offroad today, 19.7 miles and nearly 1800 ft of climbing. Hard work but brilliant. I was a massive sceptic having failed once to "get" one geared bikes but my karate monkey is currently my go to bike and I absolutely love it.

Currently looking online for my next purchase to aspire to in the next 12 months or so when I next change a bike.

My riding pal today was on a niner with an EBB, can see the real benefit in that over the Karate Monkey I have as taking a wheel out is a doddle and its not so much for me. Is there any other obvious plus or minus for either method (other than I can run gears if wanted on the KM)?

Back