Great big Singlespeed thread!

Re: Re:

coomber":ppxk9qz6 said:
Thank you

The pace above looks ace. Great frames. And was tempted by the cannondale ss myself, but chose steel. Is it a good ride?

My gearing is proper easy but that's the joy. Going smaller as I get fitter...

Yes i really do love the lines of that Pace it just looks a real classic design but my Rockerider is alloy framed with it's original suspension forks and 7 speed but i'd decided to ditch the 7 speed and try it single and put a pair of rigid forks on to see how it feels as i have to admit that the alloy frame and suspension just lacks that feel of feed back from the road so i was thinking of getting another steel frame to replace this one at some point in the near future but for now i'm just interested in experimenting with single speed .

That really does look the part robin now i know i'm not a fan of front suspension but i've only had the displeasure of cheap forks so how does it handle out on the trail mate ? ..

hi muddy paw, its lovely to ride the forks are wonderful and have a handle bar lock out control. which i think gives me the best of both worlds.

Thanks robin i think i might try a set of forks with lock out when i get the chance as that does sound like an ideal setup and tbh i think it's been my main grumble with the suspension forks i've had restricting me on the roads as i just can't get use to the front of the bike dipping when i lean forward into the bike ..

Hello,

I admit, I joined the forum to talk about my Puch road bike in the retro road bikes bit, but thought I'd expand and show you my last project.

I came across this old Land Rover DSX90 full-sus frame on ebay about 6 months ago and decided to build myself a lightweight toy for the summers, I'm not a fan of adjusting cables, or dealing with them snapping of fraying, so decided to build a cable-less bike.

Result; Single Speed, full sus MTB with hydraulic disc brakes, weighing about 10.5kg, (to be honest the frame lets it down a bit nowadays).

Would like to replace the seat post, and maybe put some nicer wheels on, (not some that were just laying round in a friends garage).

Dave

Attachments

• LR DSX90.JPG
    LR DSX90.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 2,020
Much respect Dave, running a full sus singlespeed :cool:

Here's a couple of pics from last months SSUK 2015 down in Yorkshire.
Gil and Pam along with Andy Laing are just back from the SSWC in Japan :cool:

Jamie

Brian aka Epicyclo with his 1X1 Rat Ride.

Here we have the usual suspects Brian, Velo Si, and Gil

The start

During the 6 hour race held straight after the main SSUK race. Worth it just to get some more time in on an excellent track.

Re: Re:

coomber":1zqb9ec9 said:
Great!

What sort of event is SSUK.. real serious or is there an unfit category?

I'm sure it stands for Single Speed Unfit Kategory :D

Back