Girvin Vectors

Pictures of an air shock conversion for the crosslinks would be great I have a K2 4000 with no strutt on the rear with which I have put an air shock on very impressed and pleased to get rid of the noleen ( spares issues)

The conversion for the crosslinks should be even easier as Girvin actually produced some like that.

I guess I'll have to get myself a set and see for myself. :D

paininthe":otwkwd8f said:
@ nailtrail96 I have some i'll package up for you if you want to try them. Doing nothing with them at the moment. Later ones with separate stem and coil spring. Just cost you postage to see what you think.

Wow, that's very generous of you. Nailtrail, send me detailed pics if you get them, so I can see the differences between those and the early Vectors.

paininthe":3fr95egj said:
@ nailtrail96 I have some i'll package up for you if you want to try them. Doing nothing with them at the moment. Later ones with separate stem and coil spring. Just cost you postage to see what you think.
I read this five minutes ago and I'm still a little shell shocked
:shock: .
:shock:
:shock:
It's an amazing offer and at first I'm thinking YES YES YES, But then my sensible head kicks in and I realise how distraught I'd be if they were damaged in transit or in my custody.
But then my bike head says I'm in leeds on friday if you're around I'd feel so much better if we'd met and it would save postage.
Not least so I could shake your hand and buy you a milk.

Cool, he and I arrived at the same air shock fitting method! :D

I didn't use any special bush material however, on the basis that the rotational movement is minimal, 6082T6 should wear pretty slowly and it wont take me long to make a new pivot - in fact, next time I'm feeling like a bit of turning, I'll make a spare. If I don't need it, I'm sure there's a Vector owner out there who could use it.

I bought the fork on a frame, so now I need to know how to remove them. Which bolts to remove? does the steerer tube come out? It is a 1" steerer. btw

SAM_1324.JPG

paul, you just need to loosen the bolt at the top on the bit that clamps around the steerer then give them a bit of a wiggle.

that is how to install them anyway :LOL:

Having just fitted another set, I needed to remove the shock top bolt

Back