Girvin Vectors

I've just collected a set of elastomer vectors with a separate stem.
The forks have an oil damper as well which I believe makes them vector 2's (please correct me if I'm wrong).
The rubber is hard so I'll be looking to replace them with either a spring on the girvin damper or possibly an air shock of some flavour.

When I stripped mine, I took the bottom pivot bolts out, and the stem bolt. That way, the steerer tube comes out as a separate piece. Dunno if thats any easier, but it works.

Old thread, I know!

But if you are looking for replacements for the elastomers, try these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Di ... 3ef226e7ea

Got a set on my Girvin Vector 2 on my Proflex 855 and it works! Very easy to replace and a perfect replacement untill I will replace it with a coil spring!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I may end up using them on the back end of mine if I don't source a short air shock. It'd that or get the cutter out and 'reshape' the back end, but I don't really wanna do that because then it wont be a Proflex...

Nice fork for it's era. Only real issue I've had with a Vector 2 (besides elastomers) is turning sharply in sandy conditions. That whole parallelogram sort of collapsed on me as a bolt or two bent under stress. The LBS managed to straighten things out without any damage done but it could have been much worse for the fork. I'm much more careful in sand and soft conditions now.

Risse makes a good replacement shock IMO but they aren't cheap.

Back