Getting the Balance right with colour

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Ok , The mrs has outgrown her pink modern GT and has decided that she wants to hit the trails again this summer .... So without no influence from me :oops: there is a Nice shiney Zaskar frame sat in the garage for her ....

Now the Girl wants pink!! :roll:

Soooo the plan is strip the old decals off ... Had a reply from Gill M that they could be replaced with the period decals but in pink , Now I want the build to be period (1997 so M739) but with the pink touches to please the lady.

My main query is , I want it to be smart but tastfull ... So where does the pink stop ( or start )?

I have had to put my foot down on spokey dokies though!! :roll:

Pink and black is always good, but the main incompatibility here is a Zaskar frame supporting a female bottom. If it was my daughter, I would buy her a decent fork and paint both the frame and the fork the same colour of pink. From that base, I would keep everything else black, including the decals and resist all suggestions of other pink bits. But I suppose you could possibly concede the grips and the saddle.

It could actually look ok, but the trouble with pink IMO is that any pink is enough and even the tiniest bit more is in danger of being too much.

Didn't gravymonster make his wife a pink bike? Had it painted by Argos I seem to recall.

Go Retro-er and moderner.
Get some modern pink ano part from SRAM and old pink parts from Suntour and you'll have a horrible bike for a man.

Look out for faded red to.

Problem I see is getting all the pink have a similar shade.

Chris":r6s4xmaa said:
I'm thinking pink decals, tyres, saddle and grips.

All the rest neutral.

Chris.

Thats the conclusion I am coming too, havent found any tyres mind?

I certainly dont think I could have a nice condition ball burnished frame painted :shock: :?

Back