gator rascal !!!

i think $1000 for a complete Rascal is alot, even for a Gator painted one. not saying it's not worth that much but not long ago such bikes typically sold for $400-500 and sometimes less in private sales.
frames usually went for $100-200. still possible though, just not very common anymore.

yeah, shipping will be troublesome. USPS will not accept the box the seller has described. UPS will take it but will charge $400 or more.

Carsten

I agree if you are talking about one built with DX or XT, but the build on this one would probably fetch around $700 or so on eBay. So the frame could have been had for around $300. It looks nearly mint as well. He didn't steal the thing, but he got a good price if you ask me.

overpriced or underpriced ??

yea , so perhaps i should have done my reserch a bit better before i spent loads of cash, they are cheaper in america, and its the added cost of getting it sent over to the U.K. but stripped down, the parts on that bike would have reached close to that price on here !! .
my point is that, i have now found out the hard way........ prices on here asked for parts and frames on this forum are often wayyyyy higher than those on e-bay !!
its my feeling that things should be the other way round. and there are certain people on here who buy things cheap from the forum and then advertise them at inflated prices a few months later, fair enough if you run it as your buisiness, but if you are using this site just to make quick cash, then i think it goes against the grain of the site !!! and i have read a few comments by people noticing the same thing.
LESSON LEARNED !!
cheers

I hope that you paying a bit over the odds doesn't detract from you enjoying the bike!?

Though I don't really like people criticising prices in the For Sale forum, I do think it is safer to buy things from the forum rather than through PMs. Especially if you are unsure about prices.

I made money on the Rascal so did the person who bought it off me, if you ride and enjoy it you will get more than money out of it.

Also I think rascals are the best looking Kleins and you have the best best paintjob a Rascal can have!

I think ebay is very hit and miss to be honest. I've bought things that i'd expected to go much higher than they have. But generally, I get sniped at the last second which I find so frustrating. At least with this site you know the costs up front and can make a decision whether an item is worth the money to you, based on that cost.

I was suprised to find I'd won this auction when I got home last night. I'd put a bid on hours before and totally expected to get sniped! I thought this would have gone for a bit more than it did. Looks a lovely build, I can't wait to get my hands on it!

I've got a Fat Chance on its way from California and split over two boxes, cost about $180 to ship. Hopefully this'll be similar. Out of interest, what did you pay for your Rascal (and how long have you had it) magicmistertea??? Are there any pictures of it on the forum anywhere, i'd love to see it!

well i will tell you how much i paid for my rascal frame and bare mc1 , i pais £400 posted which in hindsight was i reakon about £100 to much, but it was only £100 so im not that bothered, it was done through pm, but to be fair to the guy i brought it off, that was the price he asked, and i paid it !! ,
anyway it wasnt just the frame i was going on about, it is all the other stuff i brought too, it soon adds up, i reakon my rascal built up cost about a £800 - £900 which because it was built out of individual components, isnt too bad, i love it and i will never ever sell it.
but i just got another green to black fade rascal from america with original forks and mc1, chris king headset, xtr cranks, xt mech, suntour xc pro levers and shifters etc etc for £225 posted, which i think is a bargain as it seems to be in good nick, from e-bay, i might sell the bits on here and see how much cash i can make ;)
no hard feelings, just a few comments.

oh yea stavros........ click the gallery button at the bottom of my posts to see pictures of the rascal, im about to strip it down to source blue and green bits for it instead of silver and black.
cheers andy

I'm planning on keeping it. The thing that I liked about the build was that it was all stuff that I would have put on. The only thing I plan to change at the moment are the handlebars. And depending how the wheels look, I have some blue Ringles that I may put on it. I have a Gator Fade Attitude which I need some blue cranks for. I had thought about putting the AC cranks on that but i've checked, and I think they need a 121mm B/B which it doesn't have. D'oh!

The only problem is i'm starting to run out of room in my shed. So eventually, something will have to go. But not just yet!

"The only problem is i'm starting to run out of room in my shed. So eventually, something will have to go. But not just yet!"[/quote]

well if you want to sell those blue cranks or that blue seatpost, then let me know and ill happily spend even more money on my rascal !!!v

Back