Gash Riding! YouTuber dices with fate.

Many urban fixed riders in Bristol have too big a gear due to machismo - which reaches across the gender gap.
Makes you go faster, ruins your knees quicker😉
Brizzle aint exactly flat though. Warrington is only a little to hilly for 77 inches, I know that brizzle would be all but impossibly for the most part on that.

77 gear inch and 2.9 ratio, that's fairly high for most but not unrideable on known flat terrain.

I think I was on a 52/18 SS road at one one point, changed to a 52/20 though as it was to big for the few hills I did have to ride.
So she's going a slower than I thought! 🤣 I rode 79" (47x16) for a while and then moved to 76" (48x17) and still on 76", but in living in South Wales now and rather smashed up so I can't pull on the bars properly which you need to when you have x1 gear and hills!

Danger lies in every corner no matter how safe or good you THINK you are there is always that one time. The amount of time hearing her say sorry was enough for me. I've rode in London, Manchester, Budapest, Amersterdam, seen pedestrians wiped out, cyclists wiped out seen my own brother wipe out shit happens went you least expect it You can't condone bad riding no matter where it is how slow the traffic is.

Sons of science "On a motherfucking Bike"

It's unwise to take a 1 in 1000 risk
every day.

It still remains 1 in 1000 risk. It does not accumulate over time and is less favourable over time.

Maths. Not the same as what is happening in the brain in humans.

Just like plane crash statistics if you travel by air often.

Back