FS: Ellsworth Truth 18" Blue Anodised, 2002 Frame Only

feary

Retro Newbie
2002 Ellsworth Truth Frame, Medium Size in Blue Anodised finish. One of the best full suspension frames ever built, with a four bar linkage, in Silver anodised. Will take disks or V-brakes, 4" rear travel and will suit 4 or 5" fork.

The frame is in very good condition with only very slight chips, NO DENTS OR CRACKS, and a little cable rub (which I have touched in). I only use this frame occasionally, so it hasn't had a huge amount of use. I have since bought the Ti version, I am so taken by these frames.

A 5th Element Shock was fitted a couple of years ago as an upgrade, and the bearings are quite new. Being standard size roller bearings, they are cheap and easy to buy and fit. None of this expensive, unavailable bush stuff that lesser frames use. The last time I bought bearings, 8 in total, it cost just £24, and about 30 mins to fit. The current ones are still good.

The size is Medium - about 18", I am 5'10", and fits perfectly. The ST is 480mm (its is a compact), Effective TT is 580mm, Head tube is 1 1/8th and 105mm long. Seat post size is 27.2 with a 31.6 clamp, front mech needed is a top pull 34.9. BB is 73mm

This frame was originally £1900, and the shock and extra £280. I am now looking for about £600

Back