FS: '96 Kona Cinder Cone 16" frame, P2, velocity SOLD

mynchiboy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Here is a nice little (in every sense) project for somebody - I was offered this by somebody I know for a parts bin project but it's too small for me really, so I said I would sell it on as a bit of a favour!

Frame is a Kona 16" (13"c-c, 16" c-t) and is one of the later season 96 frames, hence the red colour. P2 forks are triple butted versions and the velocity stem is 110mm - the original and correct size for frame. Both the frame and fork have been well loved and there's plenty of scrapes, scuffs, some paint fade and a little surface rust here and there but no dents and dings anywhere.

There is also a shimano BB fitted (looks like UN52 or 72) and a good condition Deore LX headset included. The seat clamp and dog collar have gone AWOL but an alternative clamp is easy enough to source and I'll include a v-brake adaptor clamp (not pictured) to get around the dog collar issue. It will take a 27.0 seat post.

This would be a rather cool little beater in it's current state but it really merits a repaint in all honesty. All yours for £65 posted in the UK or £50 collected from East or Central London :)

SOLD)

Attachments

• kona 5.JPG
    kona 5.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 615
  • kona 4.JPG
    kona 4.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 615
  • kona 3.JPG
    kona 3.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 615
  • kona 2.JPG
    kona 2.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 615
  • kona 1.JPG
    kona 1.JPG
    190.7 KB · Views: 615
Re:

Can I ask what the steerer is on the forks please - if it's one inch, how long is it?

Re: FS: '96 Kona Cinder Cone 16" frame, P2, velocity

Hi, send to Argentina? I Pay by paypall + ship

Re:

elPedro666":s96jrisr said:
Can I ask what the steerer is on the forks please - if it's one inch, how long is it?

Steerer is 1 1/8" fella, I'm not sure of the length but can have a measure up tomorrow if you like :)

ghmacena":s96jrisr said:

No shipping to Argentina, sorry...

Re:

Trying very hard to resist this.... :facepalm:

Second in line behind elpedro, possibly...would go nicely with the Hahanna :D

Re: Re:

LikeClockwork":352jk21z said:
Trying very hard to resist this.... :facepalm:

Second in line behind elpedro, possibly...would go nicely with the Hahanna :D

No you're not fella, don't be hiding behind me as a feeble excuse, get your wallet out she's all your's... :p :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks very much for the info, but I'm after a tb P2 with an inch steerer, so have to pass.

Looks like there's a good home waiting though! ;)

Re:

Really nice this and I'm still tempted, but to be honest I was looking for something a little later and with Ahead P2's if I'm being brutally honest.

And I'm still going round and round in circles as to what to do with the 'dale! Any more projects would just be dust gatherers at the mo... :facepalm:

Re: FS: '96 Kona Cinder Cone 16" frame, P2, velocity

ghmacena":ixxafecx said:

I will gladly send it to Argentina for you if you pay the shipping (I don't know why the seller won't as it's no more difficult than sending to the UK, just a LOT more expensive).

Back